Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Pre-Ban Eagle Arms EA-15

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

JCovas
    (3/27/02 11:27:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Eagle Arms EA-15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I bought a Pre Ban Eagle Arms EA-15 used about 7 yrs ago and a buddy of mine asked me to sell it to him... I don't know what it is worth!!! I can try to describe it from my short experience in the Army using an M-16.
    It has a Very short thick barrel like an A-2 but the last 5 inches or so is thicker up to the tip but not like a bull barrel it has the grooves at the end. It has a collapsible stock with a few positions, the sights are the style like you use a bullet to adjust, carry handle, very short hand guards and has a Colt 4x20 scope very short and stubby.
    any info will be appreciated..

JCovas
    (3/28/02 3:59:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del pictures
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have searched all the web and can't find anything but a picture of it, if someone wants I can e-mail it to you...
    Looks like a hard one to research and I am pretty good at finding info on the web.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/28/02 5:25:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: pictures
    About $1250.00 Retail/less wholesale, though I have seen them for more, they rarely sell, the scope helps this one a little and I have included in my estimate. These are hard to move because of hard to verify records. Regards LTS
    WELCOME!

Armalite/Eagle* (800)336-0184
    Slightly over S/N 30,000 was the Pre-Ban cut-off, call to verify.* (Some Eagle lowers below the 30,000 range were determined to be POST ban by BATF - call to verify) Armalite sells Eagle lowers, but sells factory complete rifles with Armalite lowers.

T.F.F.

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/28/02 5:56:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: pictures
    Welcome to TFF. Always glad to have a new member!
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

JCovas
    (3/29/02 11:20:24 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Eagle Arms EA-15
    serial is in the 6,000's they armalite said it was made in 1990 and if it was assembled before the bill in 94 it was a pre ban. I bought it around 95 and the seller said it was a pre ban.
    Is there any way to tell if the upper is a pre ban by any markings?
    Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/29/02 12:26:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Eagle Arms EA-15
    The upper would not matter (markings or not), it depends on the lower. The problem with Eagle, is that many "lowers" were sold prior to the ban (not complete rifles) . The serial number does not matter, "it must be verified" as a complete rifle. That is why the market is gunshy of these and the prices show this. BATF classified many of their lowers "Post Ban" even though they were built prior to the ban. It must be verified as a complete rifle, per Armalite/Eagle and a letter from them would be a good idea. These are the stepchild of the AR market, tread lightly. Regards LTS

EDIT

Not meant to scare you and in fact it might be hard to prove either way, but I`m giving you the text book answer concerning this rifle. LTS