The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always take a Barska compact binoculars to the range to glass the target, and found out the other day the left lens is hopelessly fogged. I checked the interweb and found a Bushnell PWV 1025 Powerview 2 compact binocular NIB for $14.05 OTD. I like Bushnell's warranty better anyway. I have always had good experiences with their policy. Looking forward to it arriving tomorrow. I have 3 more powerful binos but they take up too much room in my range bag.

:D:D

· Registered
570 Posts
Several years ago, we were visiting Cape May, NJ. It was in the fall, and there were a ton of people there in the park by the lighthouse. People come from all around to birdwatch. There are a substantial number of hawks passing through.

There's a big wooden platform that gets you up a little higher to look for birds. On that platform, were several attractive, friendly young ladies obviously hired by Swarovski. They had Swarovski binoculars, and would lend them to anyone who wanted to check them out.

I took them up on their offer, and was absolutely stunned at how good they were. I have a pair of Leupold binoculars that are very good, but they are nowhere near Swarovski. The only reason I haven't bought a pair, is because they are WAY out of my price range.

It was a brilliant marketing ploy, though!

· Premium Member
18,501 Posts
The old saw ever remains true, "you get what you pay for." We have a cheap pair of Bushnell bino's we keep by the bedroom windows and they're more than adequate for grabbing to "see whatcha think ya saw", whether bird or critter.

A few years ago I wanted a pair of bino's bigger than my 8 X 21 Nikon's but smaller than my 10 X 50 Nikon's. I found a used pair of 7 X 35's on amazonia for $65.00. Come to find out they are made by a German company in Wetzler who is known for their microscopes, whose name I can't remember. Quality is equal to Swarovski or Leica. At that time there was probably 50-75 pairs of German bino's for $200 and less, quite a bit less. I guess the same thing happened to those prices that happened to everything else. Last I looked they had tripled.

Reactions: BlackEagle

· Premium Member
20,199 Posts
I got a Bushnell binocular after 19 years at my job. I had a choice of 10 or 15 items to select from. I have been happy with them. The other items I really didn't have much use for.

· Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I bought my Nikon Prostaff 7s 10-42 binos from Walmart. They were having a clearance sale and paid about $50.00 for them at the time. I would love to find another pair, just for a spare.

Larry

Reactions: BlackEagle

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Loaned a Nice pair of German binoculars to a "Friend" up North, that my Dad had bought me many years before. He "couldn't find them," after having them for many months, when I asked for them before I moved back down South. Never got em' back.

Still makes me angry to this day. 😠

1 - 10 of 10 Posts