President George W. Bush ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/5/02 9:20:59 pm)
    | Edit | Del All President George W. Bush
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    President George W. Bush

The man who admitted to having a drinking problem in younger years, and whose happy-go-lucky lifestyle led him to mediocre grades in college and an ill-fated oil venture.

Who mangled syntax, and whose speaking missteps became known as "Bushisms."

He came within a hair's breadth of losing the election in November. While votes were counted and re-counted, Bush quietly but confidently waited at his ranch. Make no mistake, his orders were carried out, but he stayed in the background, faithful and confident.

Bush named Jesus Christ as Lord of his life on public TV. Not an oblique reference to being "born-again" or having a "life change." He actually said the UN-PC-like phrase, "Jesus Christ!"

On September 11, he was thrust into a position only known by Roosevelt, Churchill, Lincoln, and Washington. The weight of the world was on his shoulders, and the responsibility of a generation was on his soul. So President George W. Bush walked to his seat at the front of the National Cathedral just three days after two of the most impressive symbols of American capitalism and prosperity virtually evaporated.

When the history of this time is written, it will be acknowledged by friend and foe alike that President George W. Bush came of age in that cathedral and lifted a nation off its knees. In what was one of the most impressive exhibitions of self-control in presidential history, President George W. Bush was able to deliver his remarks without losing his resolve, focus or confidence. God's hand, which guided him through that sliver-thin election, now rested fully on him. As he walked back to his seat, the camera angle was appropriate. He was virtually alone in the scene, alone in that massive place of God; just him and the Lord.

Back at his seat, George H. Bush reached over and took his son's hand. In that gesture his father seemed to say, I wish I could do this for you, son, but I can't. You have to do this on your own. President George W. Bush squeezed back and gave him a look of peace that said, "I don't have to do it alone, Dad. I've got help."

What a blessing to have a professing Christian as President. Please take a moment after you read this to pray for him. He truly does have the weight of the world on his shoulders. Pray that God will sustain him and give him wisdom and discernment in his decisions.

Pray for his protection and that of his family.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/5/02 10:00:15 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: President George W. Bush
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks, Ziggy -

Appreciate the thread.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/5/02 10:26:48 pm)
    He truly has strength that I was not sure he had when I voted for him.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/5/02 10:59:03 pm)
    Good post!
    cointoss2

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/6/02 3:19:13 am)
    Saladin was a better christian than Richard the lion hearterd

17th FA Bn
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/6/02 7:12:34 am)
    | Edit | Del Saladin was a better Christian than Richard the Lion hearted
    Hey "the Real Fredneck", what does your post mean? I am absolutely clueless to the meaning of your last post, please enlighten me. Thank you in advance for a history/philosophy lesson.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/6/02 7:27:36 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: apples and oranges???
    if a bull frog had wings...
    it wouldn't bust it's a$$ when it jumped?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/6/02 9:20:42 am)
    Fred's right. In territories under Saladin's control, prisioners-of-war were not mistreated, and Christians and Jews were allowed to freely practice their religions.......not so in lands conquered by the Crusaders under Richard. POW's were put to the sword, and Jews and Moslems were persecuted.

Saladin had a far more "Christian" outlook on life than Richard.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/6/02 11:17:19 am)
    Thank you Xracer
    I don't recall which crusade it was, but Richard and his army were forced to surrender to Saladin, he spared their lives and allowed them safe passage to return home. A couple of years earlier Richard had captured an Arab army and had them all beheaded. Can't recall the number but it was over 10,000. Pretty christian behavior eh?

17th FA Bn
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/6/02 3:11:24 pm)
    | Edit | Del What happened to the Moslems in the last 800 years?
    The histories I've seen talk of how enlightened the Moslem Arabs were 800 or so years ago. Their mathematics were more advanced than Europe. They were benevolent rulers of Jewish and Christian subjects. Their governments were models of efficiency.

Flash forward to the 21st century. Name one Moslem Arab country that has:
    1. A democratically elected government.
    2. A true free press.
    3. Freedom of religion that is protected.
    4. A functioning government. (Not just a bunch of thugs running around calling themselves emir, and prince or general and colonel, that are just using their countries as their personal bank)

Something has gone tragically wrong in the Moslem Arab world in the last 800 years. My theory, and it is not an original one, is that they are just emerging from their dark ages. They are culturally and politically where Europe was 600 years ago. They haven't had their reformation and renascence yet. Hopefully the turmoil hey are going through now will lead to better times for them and the rest of the world.

There are hopeful signs in Iran (not an Arabic country, but with similar history and cultural back ground to the Arab countries). The thing that is holding them back is a constitution that gives the Clerics veto power over the elected government. Those elected want a more moderate government, and they are the closest to the people. It may take a civil war in Iran to free them from the Ayatollahs.

Abbess Ectoplasm
    (4/6/02 4:32:21 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: What happened to the Moslems in the last 800 years?
    King Richard was a fag, didn't y'all know?

Bodega Latino -- Caribbean Groceries and Produce
    ICE SODA CIGS BEER
    WIC accepted

whiteclouder
    (4/6/02 4:49:17 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: What happened to the Moslems in the last 800 years?
    Abb:
    And that somehow means something to you, what, envy, disappointment, lust, arousal? Just interested.

Clouder..

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/6/02 4:50:36 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: apples and oranges???
    Fred, you are very correct. Back then the Christians slaughtered rather than imprison those against them.

Times have changed though.

17th FA Bin - the moslems were far more enlightened than Europeans back then. They gave us zero, their mathmatics was far superior to ours and they made Europeans look like barbarians.

Unfortunately somewhere along the line they went backwards and we theoretically went forward.

Kind of hard to tell somedays though if we really did.

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (4/6/02 6:08:37 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: apples and oranges???
    In the future, do we want the likes of Saddam and bin Laden to obtain weapons of mass destruction? Does any reasonable person think they would not hesitate to use them --- or slip them to suicidal persons willing to do so?
    Mutual assured destruction works when your adversary is NOT mad.
    President Bush appears to be doing everything in his power to keep the unthinkable from happening again. Support of the President is needed --- and I hope the flower children pick up a history book of the 20th century and relieve their ignorance.

Just a final thought, Perhaps the Bush administration needs to realize successful military missions require more than TV public relations, and more than flashly bursting forth repeatedly with focus on the "war on terrorism".

Charlie D
    We,ve received an
    application for a work
    visa from "OSAMA BIN LADEN".
    This is serious......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
    Do we process
    it under "B"
    OR "L"?

QUICK ALERT!........
    With CHENEY doing so much
    Foreign Policy work lately,
    We've designated Colin Powell
    with a new Code Name:

OH YOW............................." CHOPPED LIVER"

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/6/02 9:48:10 pm)
    I don't know, there ARE a few pretty progressive Muslim nations, compared to the rest...Turkey and Egypt come to mind...that have as much or more to lose than we do over a successful Bin Laden or a reasonable facsimile...or possibly even a wider war over Israel and Palestine...

But I also think you give some ancient Muslim conquerors and leaders a little TOO much credit...many were only in it for the power and booty...and political prestige at home, usually measured by how much trouble the newly conquered territories were, which was the reason for much of the "tolerance..." Plus, while they were tolerant to an extent of Christians and Jews, because they were "Of the Book..." they were pretty intolerant of any other religions they encountered, then it was pretty much convert to Islam or die....

When you consider the "Gold Cord" worn around the neck of the Muslim general on campaign was a constant reminder from the Caliph that he was either to win at all costs, or use the cord to hang himself, has much changed in Islamic Warfare?

And that was a thousand years ago....

And before you condemn the Crusaders TOO much...

Keep in mind medieval warfare BETWEEN "Christians" was pretty barbaric at that time, too...with slaughtering of the wounded, (which was considered "humane," and probably WAS considering the state of health care and medicine at the time...) as well as prisoners...many times even a successful invading army was near starvation from "living off the land" (No logistics train as in modern times,) so any prisoners would just take the food away from your army, not to mention soldiers away from the lines to guard them...a DEFENDING army in it's own territory, especially in castles or fortresses where the grain is layed in in advance, and with relatively easily guarded dungeons, and with it's sympathetic population providing sustenance also, could many times better afford to keep prisoners alive...to use as hostages or to "trade" for better terms....

"Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

Abbess Ectoplasm
    (4/7/02 12:41:33 am)
    And that somehow means something to you, what, envy, disappointment, lust, arousal? Just interested

envy, no
    disappointment, not really
    lust, are you kidding?
    arousal, STFU!

I am, in short, just interested.

Does it mean something to you, clouder?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/7/02 8:21:16 am)

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 4/7/02 9:22:07 am

17th FA Bn
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/7/02 8:38:35 pm)
    | Edit | Del Turks are not Arabs
    Polish, the Turks are not Arabs. My comments were about Arab Moslem countries.

And I do not buy that Egypt is a progressive society. The official press in Egypt puts out the old anti Jewish lies almost word for word that the Nazis used 60+ years ago, such as the protocals of the Elders of Zion. The original World Trade center bombers (from in the early 90's) were lead by Egyptions. The number 2 man to Bin Laden was an Egyption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.