The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Wanted to know what my 8mm mauser is worth and any additional information is appreciated i know it's chambered in 7,9
It is a Turkish Mauser, unfortunately, that's all I know about Mausers.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Trap55 will be along at some point. He is the Mauser Illuminati.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Turk Model 1903, imported by Century Arms. Originally chambered for 7.65x53 Mauser. The Turks had all kinds of different rifles in their arsenals, in several different chamberings. They converted all to 8x57 Mauser in the Ankara Arsenal. Your's is in average condition, with some mismatched serial numbers. That could have been done by the Turks, or by Century. Value? Hard to say right now with the market insanity, so my best wag is $250-$300.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Collecting Mauser rifles is a science all in it's own. Too complicated for my simple mind. Mausers were in so many countries arsenals it is mind boggling. The fact that it was a monumental design was the reason. Remington's developments was another one seen everywhere from Russia to South America. Their "rolling block" was a mainstay in other nations.
I do not have any Mauser rifles. I do have a few large ring actions in storage just for those boring days, A couple years ago in a fit of boredom I used a Swiss Mauser action and for the fun of it built, a heavy barrel .45ACP target gun that turned out pretty weird. I tinkered with that for months..... as if anyone cares!
I talk way TOO much...... pictures available

1 - 6 of 6 Posts