The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my usual weekly ammo search, I found the site I usually buy ammo from has gone down to 58 cents a round for remanufactured 115 gr 9mm. That's down from the 65 cents it was a few months ago. Their new ammo is still 60 cents per round but I also saw a listing for 1,000 rounds of Remington UMC 9mm for $600 on another site so they're in the same ballpark as everyone else. Hopefully, MAYBE, we're starting to see a downward trend on ammo prices?

Now if they would just do the same thing for primers. :mad:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
5.56 is the same now as it was a couple of months ago but 9 MM is up. I bought ten 20 round boxes of Hornady 5.56 yesterday for 11.99 per box and I bought a 100 round box of Browning 9 MM for 49.99

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Joe, beat me to it. Received an email from sportsman warehouse, (don't know why) and they advertised a big sale. I clicked on the ammo section, and they are showing everything on sale, but nothing in stock. What's the point?
It's like that everywhere I've checked. Natches, Midway, Brownells, Scheels and many others.

·
Premium Member
17,853 Posts
Joe, beat me to it. Received an email from sportsman warehouse, (don't know why) and they advertised a big sale. I clicked on the ammo section, and they are showing everything on sale, but nothing in stock. What's the point?
Probably some new type of marketing ploy. Advertising of reduced prices everything on sale, but nothing for sale. I guess it's their way of saving customers money.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I get upset at the large stores,e.g., Midway, Natchez, and such that lure you in with a sale/ new arrivals, in-stock savings and such only to find out the product is not in stock or on backorder. Just tell me what is in stock. Brownells was showing some great prices, but I clicked on the site only to find out they will notify me when it is available.

Larry

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, then ask for your email so they can notify you when the things you want are in stock--never happens. Meanwhile, 3 emails a day with other junk.

·
Super Moderator
39,831 Posts
Yes, then ask for your email so they can notify you when the things you want are in stock--never happens. Meanwhile, 3 emails a day with other junk.
I get six or seven emails, every day, from Classic Firearms. It gets rather irritating.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Was on a different Forum earlier this AM. Thread going, and Everyone saying "No Ammo locally." (Nor in stock most everywhere.)

My Son texted me yesterday, wanting to know where I had bought the flashlight/strobe I had mounted to the Win 1300 Riot Pump I sent him. (I removed it prior to shipping.) I told him screw the light. Buy ammo, IF you can find it.

He has about 100 rounds of asstd. 12ga. (Buck, slugs, Heavy Field loads) only because I pushed over the last couple months to stock up before it was too late. (Saw this coming.) Told him "That's a Start, keep going." When he sent me photos.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Now if they would just do the same thing for primers. :mad:
I haven't shopped for ammo in a while, but last week bought CCI 300's from Midway and 8lbs of Unique from Selway for normal prices. Midway had a 1k limit on primers so that raised the price to about 0.07 per with shipping and hazmat. Better than .25 I guess.

Hopefully things are beginning to ease up.

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
I get six or seven emails, every day, from Classic Firearms. It gets rather irritating.
Yes it does get annoying. They do the same to me. I guess it's because we both have purchased firearms from them.

Reactions: joe45c and gdmoody

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't shopped for ammo in a while, but last week bought CCI 300's from Midway and 8lbs of Unique from Selway for normal prices. Midway had a 1k limit on primers so that raised the price to about 0.07 per with shipping and hazmat. Better than .25 I guess.

Hopefully things are beginning to ease up.
I still can’t find SPPs anywhere for a decent price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it isn't in stock drop the price to below cost it brings in customers to buy
Box store mentality

·
Registered
587 Posts
I still can’t find SPPs anywhere for a decent price.
I have decided to start loading 308 and am having trouble locating LRP's, hopefully I'll find some soon, or at least find someone local wanting to trade pistol primers (several year supply) for LRP's.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I was playing around the otherday looking for presses and dies just seeing what still out there. Came across one sight which had various powders in stock while everyone had the same powders at normal prices this place wanted 59.99 for a pound of lil' gun. i was on an auction site looking in the buy it now section and some people wanted $900 for a 8# jug of nitro 100, a powder readily still available for $185 for an 8# jug. there is some major price gouging going on. ive seen used Lee presses for anywhere from 135 to $250, just rediculous. I however find the dies for my 7.62x54r lee 4 die set 36.99 and the matching specifically designed for 7.62x54r 200grain FMJ bullets 56.99 for 200. ive found many "Fair" deals on 9mm yes it was over priced but not rediculously so like in some other cases about $10 over the norm. but $69.99 for 20 rd box of PPU 7.62x54r is definately gouging.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I get that too from Midway. And if and when I do get an alert notification the product is sold out before I get a chance to buy it. No reloading supplies anywhere.....thanks Biden.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well I just checked the Hodgdon website for powder and basically the only thing they have available is for shotshells.

Just checked Midway for 30-06 ammo... ZERO.

I call bovine fecal matter with those YouTube videos.

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
Well I just checked the Hodgdon website for powder and basically the only thing they have available is for shotshells.

Just checked Midway for 30-06 ammo... ZERO.

I call bovine fecal matter with those YouTube videos.
You checked the Hodgdon website for powder? Try some others, like Powder Valley and Grafs.

Reactions: BlackEagle
1 - 20 of 34 Posts