Prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by retired grunt, Apr 27, 2009.

1. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

I am in northern NY and went shopping the other day heres what I bought. 100 winchester 45acp brass 100 hornady 230 hp. 1 each 100 round blue ammo box plastic $3.99 and 1 box 3" mag 12 ga. 00 buck sum total $87.00 what are you folks payin?

2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

looks like you could have bought loaded ammo for that. heck you havent bought the primers or powder for the 45's.

dont feel bad i am paying high $ for primers.

3. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

bought 1000 cci large pistol primers for $25.99 + tax

4. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

I bought and still buy supplies starting nine or ten years ago thinking the world may be changing and I am glad I started back then. What gets me is that friends that know that I bought primers back then for about $11.00 a thousand want me to sell them my stock at that price :eek: just isn't going to happen!!!!!!!!!!! Same with cast bullets the man that owns the casting company told us all that he was thinking of shutting down because of the government regulations changing and other reasons so I bought a couple of pallets in 357 45 & 44 for about 1/3 of todays prices and the same friends want my bullets :eek: that isn't going to happen either. Powder was cheaper seven years ago and I bought it in kegs still have several around and still buying. Never know what the price will be in another Ten years
    Yep it cost money but can you imagine what 30,000 large pistol primers would cost you today or next year!
    STOCK UP
    BUNKER DOWN
    &
    HOLD ON
    :)

5. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride Active Member

358 winchester - you are so right!!

I too stocked up 10-11yrs ago due to living in the deep south & working @ a gun store during the Y2K scare.

I was given a RCBS Rockchucker for Xmas 99' from my now x-wife, because she, like everyone else, thought "The World is gunna end!".

Up to the point of the Y2K scare, I always had a couple hund. rds. of factory fodder "on hand" for convienance. Since 2K, I've had 10 times that "stocked up" in the way of primers, powder, cases, bullets, & containers to hold loaded ammo.

When some of my friends (really just shooting buddies) find out about my nest egg of supplies, they either want loaded rds. "at cost" or worse - free! Needless to say... I don't have anymore "friends".....

BTW - While writing this (0500), the news just reported the 1st case of "possible" Swine flu infection here in Colo.! :eek:

Like your sig. says - STOCK UP, BUNKER DOWN, & HOLD ON!

6. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Oddly the same seems the case here. I just ordered powder, brass and bullets and almost fell over when the guy said how much. Ouch.

7. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

If you can find any .45's on the shelf! At the present I have plenty of brass except in .380. I have primers, not nearly enough, and I have some powder, again, not nearly enough. What I don't have is lead! Can't find bullets for reloading anywhere at a price that isn't sky high!

8. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

I gues we are all bunkering down. Prices are stiff, demand even stiffer:mad: We can only hope this is not a beginning, rather an anomoly that will correct itself.