Pricing and Availability....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by zant, Jul 15, 2020.

1. zant

zant Well-Known Member

Son called me about buying extra parts-told him-all out....what's on the interweb-he said-Go on and you tell me....wow-499$ at some places for 5.56-almost 200$ for a cs of 9mm!!!!!,but I was amazed how major distributors were mainly Not in Stock for a lot of gunparts....a BCG I bought 6 months ago for 140$ was 229$.Magazines have gone into the twilight zone.....29-36$ for a run of the mill mag for a handgun....I remember when I thought I was crazy buying Wilson .45mags for 25$. If you want it-especially anything AR,reloading or handgun,you buy it....and please realize paying for Priority Shpg and getting normal shpg is crazy.I got a pkg yesterday with big 2 Day Priority label-shpd 7/6-rcvd 7/14 from Orlando,400m away.

shootbrownelk and mudman35962 like this.
  2. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

Yessir...paying extra for "priority" shipping is a fool's errand....unless you go all the way. You pay the really big $$...where there's an actual guarantee involved, that's a different story.

Broot and shootbrownelk like this.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

The bad thing is, if you send your package by "first class" mail, once your package hits 15 ounces, it's going priority whether you want it to or not, unless you are sending it third class.

rawright54, Broot and CCHolderinMaine like this.
  4. Gudaki

Gudaki Well-Known Member

Many people are paying it as fast as it becomes available even at incredibly inflated prices.

5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I ordered a pack of LED bulbs yesterday. They are tiny 1 watt wedge based bulbs for 12 volt landscape lighting. A pack of 50 bulbs sells for less than 10 bucks & offered free shipping. Expedited shipping was $75.00. I opted for the free shipping. The Wifes bottle tree can wait. If nothing else, it gives me more time to empty more wine bottles to replace the ones that break from the wind or cold. I hate to be pressured to perform high tech tasks.

rawright54 likes this.