The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I do a search for IMR-4895 every day, yep still nothing. I'm on at least three "notify me" lists.
I got on GunBot. Got notifications of something every day. I found WSR primers and Varget within a week, and that was 2 months ago.
You can also use Discord, but it's a bit confusing to set up.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I do a search for IMR-4895 every day, yep still nothing. I'm on at least three "notify me" lists.
I'm with you there...have been looking for ANY suitable powder in the 85 to 113 speed listing in the Relative Burn Rate chart for months (after I stupidly let a jug of H335 get away).
My best source for reloading "stuff" has turned out to be MeWe. I made my 9th "MeWe" purchase today, young fellow exiting the practice. He had 4 1/2 bottles of CFE-223 and 2 of IMR 4064. Gave him 10 Jacksons for all of it (he threw in the open for free).

·
Super Moderator
47,187 Posts
I just scored some 4895!! I was going to lunch at a "newish" BBQ place that I had never been to before and since my LGS was about a mile from it, I stopped in to see if by chance, they had any IMR 4895. He asked if that was the purple or white can and I said purple. A couple of minutes he came back with three cans. I askes how much for all of them and he said for you $110, I took them. No tax, no hazmat, works out to $36.66 a can.
Bottle Liquid Plant Purple Fluid

Oh yeah, the BBQ was great and the banana pudding was even better!!

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
back to TinStar. all my publications do not show it. then i looked at date of publication. my burn charts are 2013. so no new stuff to be found there. not only am i old so is all my stuff. you kids are killing me.

rick
All I know of it is I overheard a guy saying he has some,loads cowboy loads with it,so I asked if he' give me about 1/2oz and I gave him 100 primers-tried in subs,worked just like TB...seems to be impossible to find.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you BUT I think not at $50 a pound and they take only Zelle, Venmo, and something else I never heard of. It screams SCAM!
And you are sure you are not part of that site? Not only do they only accept Zelle and Venmo, the phone number to contact them is fishy (forwarded to another location) and the images they use for their blogs are from other sites. Why would you not use your own pictures for guns you have for sale?
Other than that I found at least 1 buyer who ordered but was indeed scammed.
You yourself just having 2 posts, only about this site and to top it off trying to sell primers on your first visit doesn't really help.

To the mods, I would at least blank out the URL if not delete the posts entirely. (Including mine)

@wagszrx this site : Reloadunlimited is a Scam | The Firearms Forum

I so hate scammers.
BUSTED!!!🕵🏻

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I just scored some 4895!! I was going to lunch at a "newish" BBQ place that I had never been to before and since my LGS was about a mile from it, I stopped in to see if by chance, they had any IMR 4895. He asked if that was the purple or white can and I said purple. A couple of minutes he came back with three cans. I askes how much for all of them and he said for you $110, I took them. No tax, no hazmat, works out to $36.66 a
Shame on you George, banana pudin not good for you!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ordered some magnum small pistol primers from Midway and some H335 powder from Midsouth. Not a lot to choose from, but this is the first I've been able to order on line. They had some in stock as of late yesterday (6-14). Still no Unique or IMR-4895. Things are just starting to break loose again.... Pricey - but starting to show up again.

Heck - even Sportsmen's Warehouse had some small rifle primers. They limit 2 to a customer, but this last week I was able to score 8 trays. A few months back they just laughed at you when you asked if they had any. They were almost $5 a tray - but you can't reload without primers.
Midsouth has several powders and SPM and 209s... Reloading and Shooting Supplies | Midsouth Shooters Supply

·
Premium Member
12,912 Posts
I think as long as you’re patient and we all look out for each other we’re fine. Three different people here have given me a heads up when Small Pistol and 209 primers were available as well as lead and Large Pistol. Thanks to them I’m in good shape again. In the past two weeks I’ve purchased 1000 SP, 400 LP, 2000 209s and 30 pounds of lead. Another 50-75 pounds of lead shot (7-1/2) and I’ll be golden.

·
Premium Member
12,912 Posts
Just fixed this problem and bought 50 pounds of reclaimed with mostly 71/2-8s. Will be fine for dove and shooting clays. $60/25lbs at Rotometals and it includes shipping. 😁

·
Premium Member
12,912 Posts
These showed up yesterday. 😬
Publication Font Gas Plant Book

Reactions: Gudaki

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I just scored some 4895!! I was going to lunch at a "newish" BBQ place that I had never been to before and since my LGS was about a mile from it, I stopped in to see if by chance, they had any IMR 4895. He asked if that was the purple or white can and I said purple. A couple of minutes he came back with three cans. I askes how much for all of them and he said for you $110, I took them. No tax, no hazmat, works out to $36.66 a can.
View attachment 277001

Drool, Drool, Drool! 🤪

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered some magnum small pistol primers from Midway and some H335 powder from Midsouth. Not a lot to choose from, but this is the first I've been able to order on line. They had some in stock as of late yesterday (6-14). Still no Unique or IMR-4895. Things are just starting to break loose again.... Pricey - but starting to show up again.

Heck - even Sportsmen's Warehouse had some small rifle primers. They limit 2 to a customer, but this last week I was able to score 8 trays. A few months back they just laughed at you when you asked if they had any. They were almost $5 a tray - but you can't reload without primers.
This happens over and over. I believe this is the third time i've gone through a drought like this.
For the young in the room. Make hay while the sun shines. When you can get reloading supplys,"Stock up". I have been able to hold off the last two cycles where things have gotten scarce. 5000 Primers = restock. If you think that two pounds of powder will get you through you have to get four. Now when the drought sets in, all you have to do is monitor your supplys and shoot a little less. The longest i have ever seen a drought last has been about three years and then you have been able to get what you need to continue regular rate of shooting. Good safe shooting. Glenn

21 - 37 of 37 Posts