The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
They have gone crazy .
Bass Pro
Of course they aren't available at my closest store
This is more like it but, Yup, they aren't available
Midway.

Ladies and Gentlemen. If the government can't disarm us they will be sure we can't use our guns.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That thing at bass pro is for .50 Cal BMG primers, haven't they always been a lot higher?
You may be right. Their listings are a little screwy. I have a box of 100 Large Rifle Primers in front of me with the number 011 in the lower right corner of the box. Under the writing "Large Rifle Primers" is the NO. 200.

·
Super Moderator
38,540 Posts
They probably use a standard picture, but the price tag and description show 50 BMG.
Capture.PNG

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I was Shell shocked when I saw the price. My mistake.
So far I haven't found a source for the CCI Large Rifle Primers.
Thanks,
Lynn

·
Registered
407 Posts
Geez, this is ridiculous, back in late July early August I could find LRP everywhere, now everything is gone. Wish i would have stocked up then.

What’s it going to be like in a month if Biden wins.... I don’t even want to think of that. All I can say is buy what you can now. Just in case

·
Registered
475 Posts
Is it because of the covid shut downs everything is hard to find like reloading supplies . That and people stocking up for just in case ??

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I have a box of a 1000 old red and green box Remington LRPs. I dont even know if they are any good spose i should load a few in few empty casings for my Mosin M44 and test them. I got them in a lot of vintage reloading supplies I won on ebay a couple years ago, I assumed it was just an empty box until i received it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I tried 16 different places this morning. The last one I called had 2 boxes of 100 Winchester Large Rifle Primers. The lady at the counter said she can't get any more so what she had she had been setting a limit of two per customer.
I talked with a friend who owns a shop. Earlier the fall he had 58,000 primers in stock. He has been out for weeks. None of his distributors have any either. He did say one of his large distributors who sells firearms and ammo etc. has over $80,000,000 in combined back orders right now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Was looking on ********* at different guns and stuff and thought to check on primers . :yikes: Yikes . They got them for sale but you will need to dig into your change jar for sure .

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm not trying to justify the shortage OR the price increases in ANY way. It frustrates me, too.
I see, as plausible, the decreased supply as a result of COVID treating the workforce the same way babies treat diapers. I ALSO find it easy to believe that demand goes WAY up as buyer sentiment (herein read as "panic") goes pessimistic about supply, driving up demand, thus price.
But I also wonder if reloading supplies haven't been "behind the curve", so to speak, on price point for quite a while, now, and that a "re-equilibration" isn't also going on, in addition to the other influences on supply and demand. If we'd never HEARD of COVID, nor anti-2A Lib-tards, the "resetting" of reloading component costs on the price curve would be unsettling enough. Add the other factors in, and the result's egregious. But SOME of it MAY just be plain ol' ordinary market forces doing a re-equilibration (DARN it!) at the most unfortunate time imaginable.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Went to 4 places today-between them,they have 475,000$ in primer/powder backorders.One owner refused a shipment-at a 10% markup,he would have had to sell for 85$-1k.primers.

·
Premium Member
11,218 Posts
Was at my old gun shop/hang out yesterday and bought the last two boxes of 100 Large Pistol primers they had and they were Winchester...which is fine. There was a few others on the shelf and I probably should have bought some of the Federal 215's they had. Purchases were limited to two boxes of 100. The counter guy told me CCI and Winchester were not going to be shipping until spring, if his information was correct.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm afraid the prices will at least double when primers do come available.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm afraid the prices will at least double when primers do come available.
I'm visiting some family in Corpus Christi. Went into a gun shop and found a bunch of primers. $175/1000. Glad I have plenty. They have shelves full, but as far as I'm concerned they can keep them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts