The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm visiting some family in Corpus Christi. Went into a gun shop and found a bunch of primers. $175/1000. Glad I have plenty. They have shelves full, but as far as I'm concerned they can keep them.
$175 ? That's insane. Before all this started I was buying at $34.95 per 1000.
Sorry, I couldn't bring myself to hit "Like" on your post. LOL
Lynn

·
Registered
221 Posts
Shopping opportunistically (if I see it I buy it) I've found primers from $29.67 (TulAmmo) to $42.99 (Federal Match). Consequently, I have enough to last me into next year. It's bullets that are suddenly scarce, although name brands seem to be available at most shops I've frequented. All of the bulk brands seem picked over.

That said...Accura Outdoors is posting availability at mid-day Mountain time for bulk, according to their Facebook post.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I guess price will largely depend on how fast they can move those primers at what they decide to charge for them. At $175.00/1000, I'M inclined to start looking into FLINTLOCKs and NOT because I've seen "The Patriot" too many times.
If I was any kind of Engineer/Entrepreneur, I'D start looking at how to set up a primer manufacturing firm.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I picked up 20 trays of CCI SPP at Academy in Katy yesterday, and left 10 trays for one of you.

I visit Corpus Christi at times, can you please tell the name of this LGS?
I'm visiting some family in Corpus Christi. Went into a gun shop and found a bunch of primers. $175/1000. Glad I have plenty. They have shelves full, but as far as I'm concerned they can keep them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just paid $11.85/100 small rifle primers from the biggest IDIOT who ever owned a gun shop in the the state of Texas. I am surprised at the imbecilities wrought by a (seemingly) simple economic conundrum which (apparently) cannot be solved by an augmentation of wages, work force, supplies or WILLINGNESS to RECTIFY the situation! I used to think that the oil finders/refiners were scumbags, for their reprehensible behaviour in the 70s, but the munitions makers, ESPECIALLY the PRIMER MANUFACTURERS appear to have taken as their goal, making the oil-barons appear as SAINTS by comparison. I'd REALLY like to hear, even very quietly, a slow, reasoned, well-founded explanation from ONE of the primer manufacturers as to why there is such a HUGE divide between demand and supply in the current timeline. To MY knowledge (and I have a few inroads into the munitions industry) NOBODY has explained the lack of additional resources (labor, raw material, payroll, equipment) devoted to an augmented production of primers, the PINION upon which metallic munitions appear to revolve! Who, (besides our political adversaries) PRECISELY stands to profit from LOWERED sales of such a commodity?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I was just playing on ********* and they had 1k boxes of cci small pistol primers at $500 for 2 boxes 5 boxes of 1k for $1000. I even saw starline 9mm brass at $500 for 500 casings. talk about some price gouging

·
Registered
302 Posts
At $175/1000, I'm thinking that 2000 primers would buy me a fair-to-middlin' crossbow. I haven't priced flintlocks just yet, but maybe it's time to do THAT.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I just paid $11.85/100 small rifle primers from the biggest IDIOT who ever owned a gun shop in the the state of Texas. I am surprised at the imbecilities wrought by a (seemingly) simple economic conundrum which (apparently) cannot be solved by an augmentation of wages, work force, supplies or WILLINGNESS to RECTIFY the situation! I used to think that the oil finders/refiners were scumbags, for their reprehensible behaviour in the 70s, but the munitions makers, ESPECIALLY the PRIMER MANUFACTURERS appear to have taken as their goal, making the oil-barons appear as SAINTS by comparison. I'd REALLY like to hear, even very quietly, a slow, reasoned, well-founded explanation from ONE of the primer manufacturers as to why there is such a HUGE divide between demand and supply in the current timeline. To MY knowledge (and I have a few inroads into the munitions industry) NOBODY has explained the lack of additional resources (labor, raw material, payroll, equipment) devoted to an augmented production of primers, the PINION upon which metallic munitions appear to revolve! Who, (besides our political adversaries) PRECISELY stands to profit from LOWERED sales of such a commodity?
If you think prices are insanely high now, wait and see how much ALL reloading components along with the price of loaded ammunition will be if there is a looney Democrat steering this ship come November 3rd.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Small Pistol Primers can be backordered from fedarm.com (Fort Smith - FSAAP) - Bulk Pack (5,000) primers delivered for around $170 ($32 shipping for each pack). No indications on when backorders are filled....but CC is charged immediately. Works out to $34/brick.

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Small Pistol Primers can be backordered from fedarm.com (Fort Smith - FSAAP) - Bulk Pack (5,000) primers delivered for around $170 ($32 shipping for each pack). No indications on when backorders are filled....but CC is charged immediately. Works out to $34/brick.
I read somewhere that some retailers have several million dollars in backorders. I don't believe they'll ever fill them all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I read somewhere that some retailers have several million dollars in backorders. I don't believe they'll ever fill them all.
With some of the prices I'm seeing now it may not take long to fill several million dollars in back orders.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
407 Posts
Went to the LGS today, and to my surprise they had CCI-400’s in stock, but are limiting 2 trays of 100 primers per customer. So I promptly grabbed 2. I struck up a conversation with another fellow reloaded who was looking for SPP, (none to be found). So he offered to buy 2 trays of the CCI-400’s for me, and we make the money primer exchange outside. This was around noon today.

I went back after work, they still had some on the shelf, so I grabbed 2 more tray’s. Scoring 600 SRP today at the normal price of $3.49/tray, it was a good day!! Also picked up 2 boxes of Nosler BT bullets (.243 / 95 Gr.)

·
Super Moderator
38,599 Posts
I haven't checked my email in a couple of hours, will look now, thanks!!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts