The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
7,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After months of pleading, my best friend has worn me down. I have cci primers 400 and he wants me to sell him a brick. He won't take them for free but will buy them. I told him that the last steak dinner and beer we had was more than enough payment since he picked up the tab.

I don't know what I paid for them, anyone have any idea what a brick of 1000 primers were going for before the madness? I'm thinking $30 dollars but not really sure.

·
GUNZILLA
7,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
You're in the ballpark. My most recent purchase about two years ago was $28.00 for standard CCI large rifle. Some bought when I was stocking up before the 2008 elections were $12.00.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Try finding ANY primers these days. Good luck. If you do find any, hang onto your shorts when they tell you the prices.

·
GUNZILLA
7,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have more than enough primers and my friend knows it. He is not an avid shooter like I am and he does not own any rifles or shotguns. He did a job for his customer where the customer would pay him some cash and than offered a Valkrye by Seekins for the rest of the bill as payment. So that is how he came to own this rifle and why he needs the primers. Not sure what he plans to do for the rest of the components.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
I have more than enough primers and my friend knows it. He is not an avid shooter like I am and he does not own any rifles or shotguns. He did a job for his customer where the customer would pay him some cash and than offered a Valkrye by Seekins for the rest of the bill as payment. So that is how he came to own this rifle and why he needs the primers. Not sure what he plans to do for the rest of the components.
I have a simple solution: You have primers that your friend needs, and in these times of scarce primers, I think that you should offer him a one-for-one trade. One primer in another size that YOU use for one primer in a size HE needs. This is a fair solution. If he were to look for primers himself - he would know how scarce they are (and expensive IF you were to find any). If he is a friend wirth worrying about he will soon understand the scaceity of reloading components and agree to do some legwork to do a deal with you. If not - oh well..... This powder/primer thing is with us for at least 3 1/2 more years..

·
Super Moderator
42,734 Posts
Joe (accident) and I are doing the one for one swap this week. He needs some SR so he is swapping me something one for one, even though I don't remember what he is bringing and it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
I've traded primers in the past couple months-1 for 1-.22s,we were both happy.Had a guy offer me 200$ for 1K SR,nope......TrailBoss or .22s.

·
GUNZILLA
7,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well my friend decided he does not need the primers anymore. He found a buyer offering him $500 more for the Valkyrie than what he had charged his previous customer on the AC job. Also he realized he did not want to deal with the hassles of finding the rest of the components at the exorbitant prices every one is selling.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
A 1K brick of primers is going for $200 to $250 around here, it you can find any.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When my LGS has primers they are going for $100 tax included/1000. They are on the shelve for about 2 hours.
Like others who have a lot of one kind I have traded 1 for 1 for other sizes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts