The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there willing to help a new guy out with some CCI 500 or CCI 400 primers? I got into reloading right before the shooting thinking that I could learn this and make ammo during the long Michigan winter so that I would have plenty to shoot in the summer. Now it looks like I may not get to use the press for years if ever. I did get 1000 small pistol primers so I can develop a load for 9mm but I can't shoot them much because I can't replace them. The info on this site has been great!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Keep some primer money in your wallet. When out, and about, make it a part of the day to check those places that carry primers. When you find some, buy them. Get to know when they get their deliveries, be there. I have one friend that discovered Wal Mart restocks their shelves at 7AM. He makes it a point to be there at that time. If they have bullets he needs, he buys what he can. You may have to buy primers by the 100's instead of the thousands right now, but I think that down the road supply will get a little better. Don't limit yourself to one brand, they will all work!

·
Super Moderator
28,120 Posts
What part of Mi. are you in? I'd like to help you out but haz-mat fees would make it not worth the couple hundred or so.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
They sale primers at wal-mart???
Back up and my post again. My friend buys bullets there, not primers. Howlnmad says some Wal Marts do sell primers, but not around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts