The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you noticed on a previous thread i posted here, i was looking for a ruger 357 magnum blackhawk revolver but i cant find one and i cant even find ammo on the internet for it. i changed my mind and i started looking for a colt single action army 45 long colt caliber but i cant find one either and so i heard colts not taking any more special orders now and neither is ruger, smith and wesson and who else knows what other gun manufacturers. when will all this crazy nonsense stop?

i looked all over the internet, i been through just about every gun shop in san antonio and i cant find any of the revolvers im looking for. i changed my mind and im looking for the colt single action army 45 revolver 6 shot .how much would a brand new one cost? im thinking i wont be able to get ahold of the revolver till next year.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Judging from comments here and elsewhere, since last Nov., it seems that on a national level, the supply of firearms has been drying up. When people start buying up SA revolvers, you know they are getting desperate for anything that goes bang. Might see a run on bp guns and spears before this is over. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
4,717 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Percussion caps are hard to find now
Oh, well. We got by without gun powder for a long time. Making and selling primitive weapons might be a growth industry in a couple years. :) Anyone interested in an assault atlatl?

In the dimness of the shadows
Where we hairy heathens warred,
I can taste in thought the lifeblood;
We used teeth before the sword.

While in later clearer vision
I can sense the coppery sweat,
Feel the pikes grow wet and slippery
When our Phalanx, Cyrus met.

Hear the rattle of the harness
Where the Persian darts bounced clear,
See their chariots wheel in panic
From the Hoplite's leveled spear.

See the goal grow monthly longer,
Reaching for the walls of Tyre.
Hear the crash of tons of granite,
Smell the quenchless eastern fire.

Still more clearly as a Roman,
Can I see the Legion close,
As our third rank moved in forward
And the short sword found our foes.

Once again I feel the anguish
Of that blistering treeless plain
When the Parthian showered death bolts,
And our discipline was in vain.

I remember all the suffering
Of those arrows in my neck.
Yet, I stabbed a grinning savage
As I died upon my back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. about 10 years ago for home defense and have never fired it. Since then I replaced it with a 9mm thinking the Ruger was overkill (no pun intended). Since they seem to be a hard item to find, I think I will keep it.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
i looked all over the internet, i been through just about every gun shop in san antonio and i cant find any of the revolvers im looking for. i changed my mind and im looking for the colt single action army 45 revolver 6 shot .how much would a brand new one cost? im thinking i wont be able to get ahold of the revolver till next year.
You know things are bad when you can't find a revolver in Texas!

·
Premium Member
22,052 Posts
We have them. Was at my gun store last week and he had all the Ruger SA's in stock. I will stop by there again today and let you know.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm sure different states might have laws against this. But in Oklahoma, the best place to buy
sell/trade guns & ammo right now is on FACEBOOK! Everything legal is there. AR's AK's, Rifles/shotguns/ semi auto handguns & revolvers of all makes models. And ammo. Alot of it at gouger prices. But a few honest deals to be found. Try a FB search of your city/area/state name with the word GUNS after it. See what comes up.

·
Premium Member
22,052 Posts
Just got back from my gun store.

http://www.gatguns.com/

They had Blackhawks in .22, 357, 44 and 45 Colt. The 357 Blackhawks were under $500. They had Ruger Vaquero's in 45 Colt and 357. Around $550.
I would bet you could call them and do a transfer to a gun dealer by you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.