The Firearms Forum banner

Problem getting old knight to shoot B. H. 209

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Theguy 
#1 ·
I bought a sealed 209 primer kit to go in my old Knight so I could stop using #11 primers and it will fire 777 or pyrodex ok but it will not fire Blackhorn 209 powder accurately. I have tried winchester blue box 209s and CCI regular 209s. It really doesn't like the weak muzzleloader specific primers. All I can think is that the breach plug needs slightly drilled out. When it goes off there is no kick and from looking at targets I can tell the muzzle vel. is way down. Any advise is welcome. I use the blackhorn 209 in my LHR Redemption with great results at ranges from 25 to 150 yards so I know the primers and powder are good.

#3 ·
Yeah I did that and I have a assortment of welding tip cleaning wires that work good also. It is clean but I can tell a difference between my LHR breach plug flash hole and the knight. I ordered a Blackhorn 209 specific breach plug for the LHR and the Knight and can tell the LHR flash hole is larger than the standard knight and knights supposedly Blackhorn 209 breach plug. I now know that the breach plug Knight sent me is the exact same as the original. I figure if I drill out one of them and mess up I will still have another. Has anyone drilled out a Knight breach plug? If so, what size drill bit and is there anything I need to know before trying it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.