The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After firing each shot, not just the last shot, but every shot, the hold open device holds the bolt open. Anyone experience that? Any ideas how to fix it?
Is there a way to remove the hold open device and have the rifle continue to function.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you sure it's the hold open, or is the rifle not cycling properly because it is dirty or type of ammo used?
How old is the rifle?
What kind of ammo?
Tried different ammo?
Have you taken it apart and cleaned and inspected the rifle?

·
Premium Member
12,999 Posts
we need to know what kind of magazine we are dealing with.tube fed or detachable mag. old semperfi
Model 60 is tube fed, model 795 is magazine fed. Same gun.

·
Banned
284 Posts
I had in intermittent issue like this years ago. I was using very cheap and inconsistent ammo. So cheap I could watch the weapon cycle slowly. Had to start using mini-mags for this particular weapon.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First, thanks to all who offered help. Lots of reading to absorb all that information.
When I got the firing unit disassembled, I found a gouge in the side plate created by the end of the ejector/lifter spring. I cleaned up the gouge and polished the contact surfaces, leaving the sear and hammer contact points alone. I shortened that leg of the spring, just a tad. It holds the lifter and BHO, but does not drag on the side plate now. Lubed all, as I put it all back together. I'm happy to report that it functioned very well. It likes the federal 550 bulk pack 40gr ammo, Remington not so much. I'm going to slick up my other 60s now. Thanks again guys!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.