The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in and out of the reloading room today sizing and priming .40 S&W brass until I run out of Small Pistol Primers (300 in all) then I will start on .45acp (200) tomorrow I will be loading 200 30-06 .45acp and .40S&W until I run out of Bullets for the hand gun ammo. (I have 500 150gr bullets for 30-06).

·
Administrator
12,037 Posts
I have been processing brass for the last month whenever I needed a rest from my rolling block build. 38, 357, 45 and 44. All cleaned, polished, resized and deprimed.

·
Super Moderator
27,000 Posts
It's cold out there, but I may go out and process some more 223 brass.

Reactions: flboots

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am taking a coffee break right now. There is nothing on my GOTTA DO LIST today guns are all cleaned and oiled The Range is open but it is raining and the Pistol/Rifle range do not have a roof over them. So I will have to wait out the weather to go shooting what I am reloading.

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got 300 sized and primed Had to quit because I ran out of Small Pistol primers. I wish some one local had any in stock. The only Primers I have seen locally are Small Rifle Primers and they are on sale for $9 limit 1 pack per visit. I already have 2 packs of those. I have 2 packs of Large Pistol Primers. Guess it is time to process some .45acp brass' I have 200 30-06 cases ready to go, and 500 150gr BTSP to top them with. Gonna have some left over bullets there.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,673 Posts
A friend of mine has decided to quit reloading. So I asked him if he had any primers he would sell me. He didn’t want any money, just gave them to me. There were 950 of them, he also gave me 250 rounds of 9mm brass. 300 round nose 115 gr 9mm, and 100 9mm hollow points. He won’t take money so i‘ll repay him some other way. You can’t beat good friends.

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only other person I know here on the Peninsula that has anything reloading related no longer reloads but still has his reloading equipment has powders but no Primers left. He has a safe full of guns but only buys Factory Ammo now (when he can find it). With the ammo Shortage he may have to get back into Reloading if he can find anything. He and his son go hunting twice each year. I am going to have to ask him if he has a secret place to get ammo or components.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Super Moderator
27,000 Posts
Didn't do it yesterday, but got another 150 pieces ready today.

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went out to my Garage/reloading room last night hoping to process some more brass. Nope 30 degrees in the un-heated garage (mostly 40S&W and .4acp) Wife swiped my Space heater will try this afternoon again. I have a couple hundred 30-06 ready to load up as well. We will see.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be going out to the reloading bench in a few minutes the temp has risen to 58 I can deal with that. Might even gt the rest of the 40S&W finished and primed. I will need a coule mor boxes of 155gr bullets. I only have one right now. but no hurry I already have over 1,000 in my ammo stash.

·
Premium Member
4,278 Posts
I will be going out to the reloading bench in a few minutes the temp has risen to 58 I can deal with that. Might even gt the rest of the 40S&W finished and primed. I will need a coule mor boxes of 155gr bullets. I only have one right now. but no hurry I already have over 1,000 in my ammo stash.
Sounds like a plan.

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got another 200 .40S&W sized today then the temps dropped again. Weather permitting tomorrow I have 200 30-06 sized and primed ready to go. powder and Bullets already staged on the bench.

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Missed the specs on the reloads. 155gr JHP over 7.6 gr HS6

1 - 17 of 17 Posts