Procrastination sucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

armedandsafe
    (1/21/03 2:10:34 pm)
    Reply Procrastination sucks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I did it again. Son and I decided to keep the pretty Turk 8mm as is, except for MOJO sights and make the POS Turk into a scout. I've been playing with the computer, getting the scanner kinda working, all weekend (4 dayer for me) and just got around to ordering the sights today. They raised the price yesterday!

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 2:14:20 pm)
    Re: Procrastination sucks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dang...I think I'd complain about...tomorrow.

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*
    Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 2:21:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Procrastination sucks
    Make sure you post those pics when you get her all done. And let me know how you like the MOJO sights on the Turk. I've got 3 of 'em, one of which might be a candidate for MOJO sights.

A day late and a dollar short, isn't that how it goes?
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

armedandsafe
    (1/21/03 2:34:40 pm)
    Reply Re: Procrastination sucks
    We've been saving pennies, when we should have been saving nickles, so the project is going to be done in fits and starts. First, I'm haveing a fit about the increase in price, then I'm gonna start....

The POS Turk is a 1940, 20% blue, fair stock, fair action, good bore until end of bbl. Will have it cut and crowned to 24", put on the drill-and-tap bent bolt, drop it in an ATI scout stock and top it with red-dot or holo sights.

The good Turk is a 1940, 90% blue, pretty stock, gorgeous bore. We will scrape the stock with glass (broken beer bottles work really well ) and use BLO/wax finish, install MOJO sights and call it done.

When I could still see, I used an 03-A3 with Lyman peep rear sight, Lyman aperature front sight, canjar trigger in competition. Could shoot against 'scopes in 1000 yard and hold my own with that setup. I called it my triple-peep. MOJO looks to be very much the same concept.

armedandsafe
    (1/21/03 3:20:11 pm)
    I just called MOJO and ordered the sights. Nice guy. We laughed about the price increase and he gave me $3.00 off. That made the Phase III set the same price as buying rear from Red Star and front from him. I'll keep you posted as we crawl toward the finish line.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 3:30:05 pm)
    Did you check the headspace on those rifles?

armedandsafe
    (1/21/03 3:38:42 pm)
    Strapped to a tire, covered with canvas tarp, long string and then miked and microscoped the cases. Both OK.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 3:43:32 pm)
    Sehr gut, mein Herr. Remote firing works, I guess. I've never done it, as I rely on a field gauge. But if the brass checks out OK, then you're cool. Are you going to be shooting reloads in it?

And by the way, would you like to donate the leftover (original) Turk parts to me?

armedandsafe
    (1/21/03 9:16:11 pm)
    I probably will have only the stock and end chunk of the bbl for trading material. There was no cleaning rod on this one. I did see a comment last night that makes me think I might not need the floorplate, but haven't confirmed that, yet.

Donations? Hmmmmmm...How are your dickering skills?

armedandsafe
    (1/23/03 11:30:42 pm)
    MOJOs came in today. Pretty fast service. Of course, they only had to come from ID to Wa. Now, if it had been across town, it probably would have taken 10 days. )

They look really nice. Well made, husky, solid bluing job. Not flashy, but a good cosmetic match for a milsurp.

I'll try to get them on one of the rifles this weekend, or next, or...

procrastinator43
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 9:59:50 pm)
    Had to do a double take on the subject!!

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/03 10:58:45 pm)
    Heh, you thought it was a personal attack eh?

I went through the same thing during the DC sniper attacks. Kept seeing all kinds of comments about "that bastard sniper".

armedandsafe
    (1/25/03 12:02:52 am)
    '52sniper....does that mean you were trained as a sniper in '52? Or, has it some other arcane meaning?

Armed and safe - not just a theory

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/03 1:25:47 pm)
    No, it does not reference my occupation or birth year or anything like that. I chose that handle based on one of the rifles I own. Sorry if that disappoints you.

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/03 2:18:01 pm)
    I'm never disappointed when I get new information. I'm one of the incurably curious. Actually, I was curious, as I received my training in '59 and thought we might compare notes of your training vs my RAF training about a decade later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.