Pruden on TEA Parties

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Apr 18, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

These are not your granny's tea parties. One tea party even panicked Secret Service bodyguards when a foolish tea-sipper threw a harmless tea bag over the White House fence.

Nobody would have complained nor gotten upset, had that person thrown military medals over the White House fence. There is precedence for that.

Pops

2. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    It seems that if the right kind of people want to get us all together, they know how to start. Three months in and the People have had enough. It would seem likely that an enterprising Conservative politician would want to plug into the grass roots effort, and make it go. There are far more than actually showed up at these TEA parties that are in agreement. Watch out Fedzilla, we getting organized. TJ

3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

God Bless Sanford... :D Mike Gallagher and Governor Sanford met before our Tea Party, and Mike said he and the Governor agreed that we are seeing the beginning of something very big. :D

I agree... ;)

4. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

Plan for July 4th weekend. Next target date on our calendar.

Find a conservative candidate for local elections and SUPPORT him/her. Contact your reps and if they voted for or against the Stimulus, let them know how you feel.

5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The blogs and sites are saying not to wait just for the July 4 rally, but to kick one off on May 30.

I'm not sure. One a month would be nice, but can we expect people to keep up the enthusiasm that long, that often?

Pops

6. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

The Nation is ripe for a third party. Perhaps a "tea bag" party?

mike
    gn

7. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Good question, Pops...and another question is, would having them too often make them "ho-hum"? I personally think they need to be reserved for significant/symbolic days, like 4/15 and 7/4. This gives time in between for planning and organization, also. Just my $.02...

8. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The tea bag is mightier than the sword.

9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I saw Axelrod on "Face the Nation" today and he was implying that the tea parties would turn into "something sinister.":rolleyes: Sinister like what? People waking up and smelling what Barry and his people are shoveling?:rolleyes:

10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm somewhat in favor of the May 30 call, just to keep the event in the fore front. Then on July 4 and again on Labor Day.

Other than that, I think we should keep them for special days in our history. April 19, July 4, Memorial Day. Any other suggestions?

Pops

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  11. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Pops...Is the May 30 date for Memorial Day? I just checked my calendar, and this year it's being observed on Monday, May 25 (for those who like to plan ahead :) )

How about Labor Day in September?

12. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

See my edit, 4evr. You kicked me in the brain and it helped. :D Memorial Day does NOT come after July 4.

Pops

13. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Our Memorial Day is really the 25th of April but celebrated this year on Monday the 27th.

I am. of course, referring to Confederate Memorial Day. As long as I was in Alabama, we celebrated two Memorial Days, Confederate and Yankee !!!!!!

14. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

TWO chances to drink tea. :D

Pops

15. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Never cared much for tea but I think I may be aquiring a taste for it.