The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a PSOP scope+mount from Kalinka and even more recently a different sidemount because the first refused to fit. And now the replacement mount refuses to fit. The first pic is the gun info, the second is the new mount with the same problem. And the white circle is the PSL, the red is the mount. I have read that some of the TG KNOX TNs werent “finished” and the side mounts were a bit screwy.

·
No Power Options
13,350 Posts
Hard to tell what`s up with those limited pictures, but new they are a tight fit until some coating is removed by using.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
There's several versions of the AK style mount, and you have to make sure you got the right one. The PSL side mount is different by itself than the others. It looks like you may have an AK mount, and it just won't work. Even with the right mount, you have to back off the mount lever screw, and do some minor hand fitting until the mount slides off and on. Then slowly tighten the lever adjustment so It takes a bit of pressure to lock it down.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Trap55 is correct. Dragunov mounts are different. If you need one let me know & might trade for a AK mount.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yes the PSL mount is different the the normal AK mount. The AK mount doesn't have a stop at the back & will keep sliding off forward when you shoot. That is unless you make a way to stop it from sliding forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts