The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came into possession of a Crescent Arms Double Barrel 410 shotgun. I don't intent to shoot it....mostly because there appears to be a slight crack in the butt stock. It is more a conversation piece or something to put above the mantel. It is just a cool gun.

From what I have found they were made between 1920 to 1932. I believe the serial number is 812 which would probably make it a 1920 or 1921 model. I have attached a picture. If that is not it I don't know where else to look.

Is that the serial number? It is the last pic. It is the only number I can find.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1elQXnW-vF2qqMvKAGKO3qKP43MgbBBXb?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1OxZo5Tkvx2G8eYf747QR9B5RJdN6Siu5JGIhfguSXXQ

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
If that isn't the number, it will be on the bottom of the barrels around the same location, and/or on the receiver "water table", the area directly under the chambers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A .410 double? I'm jealous.
I did a restoration on one of those last year. Nifty little shot guns. Not one you want to take the hammers out of though. Boy was that an experience.

You will find, like I did, that you can buy replacement stocks for all guages of the Crescent shotguns except the 410. Never got an answer why from 2 companies who supply them.

The owner of this one had it as a family piece handed down from his mom. It had spent some years lost in a chicken coup. Been the only Butt Stock I have not been able to repair of several over the last 6 years. But it was just too far gone.

There really was no wood left internally to attach to the metal. Just slivers and pieces. All being held together and to the metal with glue. The end of the stock just fell apart in pieces when I tried to get it off.

Had a stock made. After getting the rust off, rebluing and getting the stock refinished he was the proud owner of an operational heirloom.

Good luck with yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts