The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a frame for a H&R 7 shot special ss# 537517. the latest it could have been made is 1942. I could not find it on the C&R list but the part is more than 50 years old. a guy wants to buy it in another state, he has a C&R lic. but my FFL. said that if it's not on the list it is not C&R. so he will only ship to another FFL that means another transfer fee I was only asking 40.00 for the frame now I am looking at 80.00 in shipping. any ideas I am in Tulsa ok.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If you can show that it couldn't have been made after 1942 (actually made before 1963 as of right now) it is "on the list". Anything over 50 years old is automatically a C&R. Those "on the list" are ones that were added before they were 50 years old and the list isn't "cleaned up" as certain models age.

Unfortunately I doubt if you can convince your FFL01 of this. Many that have this misconception are not willing to show their ignorance by admitting they were wrong. Best bet would be to look for another FFL to use for shipping.

Your other choice would be to send it directly to the C&R holder. The problems involved here is you will have to use UPS/FedEx.
Convincing them that it is OK can be almost as difficult as convincing your FFL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts