The Firearms Forum banner

Question about rossi

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bayhawk2 
#1 ·
Hi all went to one of my local gun shops today for a mag extension for my lcp and got to talking to one of the fellas who worked there. He didnt have any but after discussing my looking for a .357 4 inch revolver, and I just couldnt afford the gp 100 now, he suggested I look at the rossi revolver. He said hes heard good things from people, made by taurus now, they just dont make a stainless version, he said they seem to be very good guns for the money. Anyone have an opinion, remember this is a house protection gun not a range gun or ccw gun, thanks in advance and God Bless.

G
#2 ·
Rossis have been spotty in reliability in the past. The ones FirstInLine owns (circa mid-80s) have been flawless. Now that Tarus has taken over, the reports are better. Most complaints I have seen / read are about fit and finish, when people didn't get $1,500 finish on a $300 gun.

Pops

#3 ·
My wife has a Rossi .38 that she loves. In the two years she has had it, it has been carried
daily, shot often, and has never failed to go bang. The cylinder locks up tight and is just now showing very little movement. This despite having shot many Cor-Bon DPX loads over its life. I say Good Value.

#4 ·
I bought a Rossi stainless .357 4" revolver about 15 years ago because it was cheap and seemed like a tight gun. It looked a little odd, but shot very well and had no problems - I tought my wife to shoot with it, eventually traded it in for something "better".
The newer Rossis I have seen looked very much improved, and I'm kind of interested in one myself.

mark

#6 ·
I bought a stainless .38 Rossi in 1984? at wal-mart,
think it was 4" (5"?) because I was there-it was only $200-it looked and
felt like a S&W (it mysteriously disappeared in the mid '90s).
It was tight and shot really well, and I was very fond of it.
Because of it and it's quality, I have purchased a couple other Rossi's
over the years, and really like them also.
I have a lever action carbine in .357 (smooth) and a 'bedside'
.38 snub(pic). The pic is a Rossi .38 Special BrazTech by Taurus
made in Brazil bought around 2000-2001.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.