The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought one handgun on August 24th Saturday and I got another handgun ordered and payed for today on August 31st Saturday from the same FFL but haven't filled out the background check form yet not until it comes in anyway. Will the FFL have to fill out the multiple purchase ATF form or not? Cause I waited 5 days after the frist handgun purchase and like I said have the second payed for on order.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
If both purchased with in 6 days from the same FFL, i would say even if you paid for it the 4473 sthat will be filled out and dated the day you take possession of it will be longer than 6 days?

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
It says right on the 4473 under number 24.
"By the close of Business complete ATF form 3310.4 For multiple purchases of handguns within 5 consecutive business days."
So if you buy or transfer more then 1 gun with in 5 business days then YES they have to do a mutable handgun purchase form 3310.4.
Week end days do not count only Mon-Fri. It is what days they (ATF) are open NOT THE SHOP. So in your case the 5 days did not start intill Mon. the 26th and would be over on the 30th. Close enough to be left up to the shop on if they want to do the form so ask them. I would do the form or tell the person not to buy the gun for a few more days. If they added this to your first 4473 then yes they do if they are going to do a new 4473 then no. But ATF is a B**** about this so they have to be VERY careful how they do this.
It is that simple.
Mike
PS- By the way WELCOME TO TFF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If both purchased with in 6 days from the same FFL, i would say even if you paid for it the 4473 sthat will be filled out and dated the day you take possession of it will be longer than 6 days?
That's what I've been thinking. I think I should be good. I haven't took possession of it yet. Plus I did wait the five days.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I still waited the five ATF business days. When they asked me if I wanted to pay for the second gun now I was thinking "yeah that'll cut the process down in time alittle when I come to pick it up" Now let me tell you why I'm kinda worried about this. Is because I used my old address on the first 4473 form. I'm going to get my new address put on my driver's license before I pick up this second one. That's why I'm worried about my FFL filling that out or not.

what tangled webs we weave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The United States: Used to be a FREE country. Now, the innocent get harassed and picked on because of the criminals. Something is WRONG with this picture!!
Right, We don't really have much of a second amendment anymore, even though alot of people think we still do. Especially the first amendment people today can lose everything just by voicing an opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts