Question regarding a Iver and Johnson's 5 shot revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Christy_massage@yaho, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Christy_massage@yaho

Christy_massage@yaho New Member

Hello everyone-
    I have a question regarding my mother-in-laws Iver and Johnson's 5 shot revolver. The serial number that I found under the grip is G69928. Can anyone tell me what year it is? We do not have the box. She said her Grandfather used to carry it under his arm in the holster she has. Thank you so much for your help.:)

2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the "G" letter code was used on the the large frame second model safety automatic revolver between 1898 and 1902 and then again on the small frame between 1915 and 1927. so i need more information.

pictures would be a big help. what type of hammer spring does it have, single flat leaf or coil? any marking on the barrel or bottom of the butt strap?
    bill