The Firearms Forum banner

Question RIA Baby Rock 1911 380 APC

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  PlanoAttorney 
#1 ·
Bought a Baby RIA 1911 380 APC this week. Haven't had to take gun to range to try it out yet. Took it a part cleaned and lubed and reassembled. Slide is smooth and nice and tight Trigger is good, breaks at approx. 5 lbs. Reading the manual it said that the gun needs to be fired 500 rounds to break it in. 500 rounds is 10 boxes and they would cost more than I paid for the gun. So my question is. If I rack the slide 500 times is it the same as shooting 500 rounds. Thanks Leed709

#2 ·
Welcome to posting on TFF, I see that you have been a member for eight years and this is your first post! See, it wasn't all that hard, was it!:p:D

I don't think it would be the same, it also involves pulling the trigger. If you can get someone to explain "stepping the hammer" to you, that might help with the break in. I took a new 1911 to the 2015 Georgia BBQ and Shooter45 did that on my gun and the difference in the trigger pull was unbelievable after he did it.

I would love to find one of those. I have been looking for either the Browning or the RIA and haven't found one, that I can hold, yet!

#4 ·
I have been looking for either the Browning or the RIA and haven't found one, that I can hold, yet!
We've got a Browning BDA .380 in stock, and I lust for it - nothing I've ever held fit my hand so perfectly. But I already have a delightful P238 .380 that I don't shoot near often enough...

#6 ·
I wish that I could find one around here.
I held one last week,very high quality and all metal just a mini version of a 1911.They only come with one mag and they were $439.
380 ammo is plentiful and reasonably priced now.I have thinking about this gun all week.They have a little weight to them that would make them comfortable to shoot a lot at the range.
And Leed709 I don't think racking the slide is the same as shooting 500 rounds.

#12 ·
So basically, to intent is to "lift" the hammer such that the sear and notch contact is changed (not sure if there would be more or less shearing friction) while cycling the trigger?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.