The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to co-witness my irons with my zeroed in red dot I have to move the rear sight pretty far to the right. I'm guessing if everything is aligned correctly they should lineup fairly centered or is that an incorrect assumption? the front sight is mounted on a railed gas block and the rear sight is a magpul flipup.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Yep, they should line up straight. Something somewhere is cocked, probably the gas block. I'm assuming that the red dot is centered on the rail.

I'm about 100 mile south of you, down 67

·
GUNZILLA
7,782 Posts
Logo Diagram Font Circle Graphics
It is not an incorrect assumption. Our anatomical structures, in this case our face will be different for everyone as long as your picture sight alignment is zeroed to you and when using your iron sights this is what your sight alignment looks like.
Logo Diagram Font Circle Graphics

Reactions: AaronW and gvw3

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I need to double check the gas block.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, they should line up straight. Something somewhere is cocked, probably the gas block. I'm assuming that the red dot is centered on the rail.

I'm about 100 mile south of you, down 67
Which is better than being here in STL... ;)

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Which is better than being here in STL... ;)
No doubt on that, we actually moved down here from Festus and it was bad enough. I used to go pick up my aluminum bar stock up there off Goodfellow at Shapiro's. Always had the old 12guage riding sidesaddle, and that was before Ferguson.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
with iron sights there is no parallax. with red dots vs distance, you may have some. there are red dots that are made to not be a problem from 100 yds out. look thru red dot at target and move head up dwn and see if dot moves. if so, thats parallax. now look at target at 100 feet and it won't move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts