quick question about transfer in california

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by ns3v3n, Jan 14, 2007.

  1. ns3v3n

    ns3v3n New Member

    Jan 14, 2007
    i'm selling a 1942 russian m38 rifle to a guy here in california, under the curio and relic laws, am i require to go through the dealer or can that be done in person???

    please help, i'm really confused with this and i dont want to break any laws here, esp here in california.

    any info will help, thanks.
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

    Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

    Jan 18, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    I'm looking through this website, but you should look through it, too.


    It doesn't look like the M38 falls under the Assault Rifle text in the states laws, and it does hold less then 10 rounds of ammo. However, you or the buyer should call the California police main headquarters and check with how things are run there, as far as how transfers and stuff works.

    Well, if you are going to send the gun to California, you'll also have to have it equiped with some kind of trigger lock or other gun safety device.

    Look on pg.57 in this PDF file.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007

Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
Curio & Relics Forum Stevens Lord Question Jul 15, 2017
Curio & Relics Forum For ghscollector 42, Winchester Model 73 Sling Question Question Feb 21, 2017
Curio & Relics Forum C&R question Aug 25, 2016
Curio & Relics Forum SKS Questions? Jun 24, 2016
Curio & Relics Forum German 8x57mm Ball ammo question May 26, 2016