The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My brother just bought and AR 15 and asked me to look out for an extra magazine for him. My LGS has a couple of 30 round metal ones for fifty bucks. Is this an okay deal? He hasn't done any research on it and this kind of gun isn't my bag, so I really have no idea and thought I'd seek out your expertise!

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Negative....

That's a horrible price.

Before all this gouging crap happened I could get M16 mags for $5 each......you can still find them for $20 each now.

BTW, I wouldn't shop there anymore........but that's my opinion.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Kristie, for comparison, just a couple of months ago before the chaos & panic in the gun industry, I bought new D&H metal 30-rnd. AR mags., that are as good as they get, for around $9.25 / ea..

The prices they are trying to get now are outrageous. If you could find some for $15-20 you'd be doing ok in today's market, but the best thing to do would be to wait until the panic subsides.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I had no idea. That's insane-o! But he's kind of desperate to get one before they vote on it this week, so he might just want one at that horrible price. That's what happens when you wait until the last minute!

I've only been in the place twice. First time I paid 7 something for a box of 50 .22lr, which I knew was horrible, but at least they had it. And this time I got some .22 mag for 12 something for a box of 50 which wasn't too bad. I don't think it's their fault for hiking prices when everyone else is. Who knows?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.