QUIZ...Give it a try OK HERE'S THE ANSWERS....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt Guest

bondai
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (2/5/02 2:17:41 pm)
    | Edit | Del All QUIZ...Give it a try OK HERE'S THE ANSWERS....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't want to horn in on Today's Tease but I thought you might enjoy this....

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.

(8) There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."

1. Boxing.

2. Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.

3. Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. Baseball.

5. Strawberry.

6. The pear grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the whole growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

7. Dwarf, dwell, and dwindle.

Edited by: bondai at: 2/6/02 9:36:39 am

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 2:34:35 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: QUIZ...Give it a try
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dwarfish
    dwell
    dweller
    dwelling
    dwelt
    dwindle
    dwindling

On Hollywood Squares last night (02-04) they read a list of eight ways to get to first base. However they were read off so fast that I didn't understand most of them. Perhaps because I don't care for baseball.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Edited by: jeeper1 at: 2/5/02 2:40:13 pm

BlackGun
    (2/5/02 2:39:21 pm)
    #7 Dwarf, Dwell, DWelt
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 2:55:07 pm)
    #3 strawberries and rubarb if they are vegies

shoes
    socks
    stockings
    sandals
    sneakers
    snowshoes

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

glockcoyote
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 3:12:03 pm)
    1. Boxing

2. Niagara Falls

4. Baseball

5. Strawberries

6. The ripe whole pear is placed under presure and then shot into the bottle? (that is my guess)

7. dwelt, dweeb, dwight, dwarf, and dwindle

8. Period, question mark, exclimation point, appostraphy, Quote, comma, semicolon, colon, tilda...

9. The "Lakers" was the team name of the Minneapolis franchise that was founded in 1948. The name was never changed when the team moved to L.A. in 1960.

10. Getting hit by a ball, 3rd swinging strike and the catcher drops the ball or the ball is in the dirt, catcher interference,

11. Kiwi

12. Socks, Sandles, Shoes, Slippers, Stockings,

NRA Member

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 4:01:48 pm)
    | Edit | Del QUIZ...Give it a try
    6.) The bottle is placed over the branch on the tree when the pear is in its bud stage and then cut fom the tree when it is ripe

BlackGun
    (2/5/02 4:16:59 pm)
    I'm impressed with all this wisdom! But twins, your teasing right?
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 4:50:22 pm)
    3) Garlic and Onions (maybe potatoes too ?)

7) Dweeb ?

10) If the batting team has two outs and the first baseman strikes out, he can take the base as well - betcha didn't think of that one !

11) Mango ? Papaya ? Michael Jackson ? (the question is, is he a fruit or a vegetable ?)

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/6/02 1:51:30 pm)
    Darn, hadem all rite......but, didn't have time to respond!
    Busy ya know.\Charlie D

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/6/02 2:01:39 pm)
    For some reason I think horseradish fits for # 3 as well.

bondai
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/6/02 2:23:46 pm)
    Horseradish is a vegtable ????

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/6/02 3:40:22 pm)
    Of course horseradish is a vegetable - it doesn't come from horses.

It grow underground - the edible part is a root and looks a little like a seet potato - kinda twisted and gnarled looking.

I remember hearing that you're only supposed to pick it in a month that has an "R" in it for some reason (don't ask me where I heard it or why I remember).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.