Quiz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armedandsafe, May 12, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm going to put this here but mods are not allowed to play, because I'm going to put the answer in the mod's room so I don't lose it.

What was the second amendment to the Constitution and what is its number?

Pops

2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Easy: the second time the Constitution was amended, it was labeled #11, and it set judicial limits.

Last edited: May 12, 2009

3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I thought sure I'd get more responses to this one. Anyway, here is the answer.

The original Second Amendment was to disallow legislators voting themselves a raise without first being re-elected. It was finally ratified as No. 27 in 1992

http://www.constitution.org/billofr_.htm

Incidently, that foot note on the 4th (now 2nd) properly notes that two of the commas in the Second Amendment are not in the original bill passed around for ratification. They can be left out to make our quotes historically correct. Thus, the proper 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads: A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Pops

4. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Forum participation has been slow lately. Plus i hate doing research anyways.... :D:rolleyes:

mike
    gn

5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Original First Amendment:

>one Representative for every thirty thousand, until the number shall amount to one hundred< So that's for the first 3,000,000 people.

>not less than one hundred Representatives, nor less than one Representative for every forty thousand persons, until the number of Representatives shall amount to two hundred;< That's for the next 4,000,000, making 200 Reps for the first 7 million people.

>after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall not be less than two hundred Representatives, nor more than one Representative for every fifty thousand persons.< That would be another 100 congresscritters per 5,000,000 people.

So, we got 300 million people.
    100 for the first 3 mil
    100 for the next 4 mil = 200 for the first 7 mil.
    100 for each additional 5 mil. 300 - 7 = 293 / 5 = 58.6. An additional 5,860 Representatives, along with the first 200 would mean 6,060 members of the House. Wow. Glad that wasn't ratified.