R-51

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by redhawk 44, Oct 31, 2017.

1. redhawk 44

redhawk 44 New Member

I recently bought a R-51 and find it to be reliable in terms of feeding, extraction and ejection, but it leaves a lot to be desired in the accuracy dept.

Do any of you guys have experience with this pistol?

BTW, this is the re-engineered version. Thanks for any comments.

2. larryh1108

larryh1108 Well-Known Member

I own one with no problems but I have read a few instances of guys mentioning that it shoots about 3" low. Is this your issue?

3. Ibmikey99$

Ibmikey99$ Well-Known Member

My R 51 is a sweetheart to shoot and groups about 2” low and one inch left at ten yards with 2” groups. I am sure it could do better but my abilities are not what they used to be, a bad guy would rather the pistol did not shoot that well.

4. Slowalkintexan

Slowalkintexan Active Member

5. Ibmikey99$

Yes I was le
    aning on my shooting bench at that time. At 7 yds off hand I was making 2” groups

6. Slowalkintexan

Slowalkintexan Active Member

I have been curious about that,, I mean, using a rest or shooting offhand.. With a rest, and even sometime I use a ‘vise’ my groups are amazingly accurate. Yet, off hand,, the best I can get is about 2 1/2”.

7. Ibmikey99$

Slowalkin, I am old and have lost a lot of my skill, when I shot competition I have shot the Police course 60 yds to 7 yds with a group 2-3” wide and 4” tall ( on a really good day), sixty rounds total. Off hand at seven yards with most pistols a big ragged hole was the result. Unfortunately the groups have grown larger with time

Conman likes this.