The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my RIA will go in for some surgery tomorrow, the garbage adjustable rear sight keeps coming loose so I will have those replace with some trijicon sights for old eyes.
I'm thinking the ones with the open horseshoe rear sight like I have on my EDC mod2 .45.
I'll also have the 8.4 pound trigger pull addressed I would like to get that down to 3-4 pounds.

oddly enough I don't have a picture of said gun :cry:

·
Super Moderator
29,940 Posts
What style sight, the Novak style? They're not really Novak sights, the dovetails are just cut the same dimensions. Mine loosened up but a thread locker on the screw helped.

Reactions: SLICE

·
Super Moderator
29,940 Posts
8.4 pounds? Mine goes off if you look at it cross eyed.

·
GUNZILLA
8,031 Posts
So, do your 10mm's sling brass to the next county? Sure makes it hard to reload.

·
Super Moderator
29,940 Posts
So, do your 10mm's sling brass to the next county? Sure makes it hard to reload.
Don't know about the 10 mm, but my 45 sure does.

Reactions: ms6852

·
Super Moderator
43,852 Posts
8.4 pounds? Mine goes off if you look at it cross eyed.
I have a Citadel that is like that, you don't want to breathe on it too hard. Citadel is the same gun as the RIA, at least it is made by the same people.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where you sending it to?
local place here in florida J&M Gun in sarasota, been in business since the 70's
I had to buy a brass catcher as it slung brass all the way to the Atlantic Ocean and I
live on the gulf coast.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What style sight, the Novak style? They're not really Novak sights, the dovetails are just cut the same dimensions. Mine loosened up but a thread locker on the screw helped.
the rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation and even with red loc tite it still loosen and move
I use max loads 180 grain with 11 grains of blue dot. its a bone shaker wrest breaker... yeah I could lighten the loads
but what fun is that.

·
Super Moderator
29,940 Posts
I had to buy a brass catcher as it slung brass all the way to the Atlantic Ocean and I
live on the gulf coast.
Turn around when you shoot, the brass will land inland. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: ms6852

·
GUNZILLA
8,031 Posts
This is so frustrating about the 10mm! The M610 solved the frustration for me.
OOH, all my revolvers are smith and Wesson except he python. I would be torn between the 6.5" barrel and the 4" barrel, since my 10 is the long slide with 6" barrel. Darn, darn, darn, now I want another revolver...thanks man!

Reactions: sparkyv

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'm an enabler.
I went with the 4" and I couldn't be more pleased.
OOH, all my revolvers are smith and Wesson except he python. I would be torn between the 6.5" barrel and the 4" barrel, since my 10 is the long slide with 6" barrel. Darn, darn, darn, now I want another revolver...thanks man!

·
GUNZILLA
8,031 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts