The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my RIA will go in for some surgery tomorrow, the garbage adjustable rear sight keeps coming loose so I will have those replace with some trijicon sights for old eyes.
I'm thinking the ones with the open horseshoe rear sight like I have on my EDC mod2 .45.
I'll also have the 8.4 pound trigger pull addressed I would like to get that down to 3-4 pounds.

oddly enough I don't have a picture of said gun :cry:

·
Super Moderator
30,094 Posts
What style sight, the Novak style? They're not really Novak sights, the dovetails are just cut the same dimensions. Mine loosened up but a thread locker on the screw helped.

Reactions: SLICE

·
GUNZILLA
8,114 Posts
So, do your 10mm's sling brass to the next county? Sure makes it hard to reload.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where you sending it to?
local place here in florida J&M Gun in sarasota, been in business since the 70's
So, do your 10mm's sling brass to the next county? Sure makes it hard to reload.
I had to buy a brass catcher as it slung brass all the way to the Atlantic Ocean and I
live on the gulf coast.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What style sight, the Novak style? They're not really Novak sights, the dovetails are just cut the same dimensions. Mine loosened up but a thread locker on the screw helped.
the rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation and even with red loc tite it still loosen and move
I use max loads 180 grain with 11 grains of blue dot. its a bone shaker wrest breaker... yeah I could lighten the loads
but what fun is that.

·
GUNZILLA
8,114 Posts
This is so frustrating about the 10mm! The M610 solved the frustration for me.
OOH, all my revolvers are smith and Wesson except he python. I would be torn between the 6.5" barrel and the 4" barrel, since my 10 is the long slide with 6" barrel. Darn, darn, darn, now I want another revolver...thanks man!

Reactions: sparkyv

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm an enabler.
I went with the 4" and I couldn't be more pleased.
OOH, all my revolvers are smith and Wesson except he python. I would be torn between the 6.5" barrel and the 4" barrel, since my 10 is the long slide with 6" barrel. Darn, darn, darn, now I want another revolver...thanks man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts