The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
It was either on Fox last night or F&F this morning. I'm sure that's what I heard or I wouldn't have said it. Right now I'm a bit more engrossed in the 24 Hours of Lemans than I am the death of Ginsberg and all the hootin' an' hollerin' about how great she was.......not.
The timing of her passing is not good. This will add another layer of contention at this critical juncture. Trump isn’t the only one facing the gauntlet of an election. Even if he does get to remain at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave we still need to retain all the seats we can if anything is to be accomplished.
Believe me it makes me nauseous whenever the false fawning gets going. They made Teddy the lay her and leave her to die out to be a saint. I am sure we will see candle light vigils, teeth gnashing, wailing and sobbing for weeks. Every hard core feminist will likely construct little shrines on their desks.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
I admire her legacy for what she accomplished in her life - but I despise Judicial Activism and the harm she did to our Constitution. My condolences to her family and friends.

Funny, I never gave her being Jewish a thought - ever. I only considered her Liberalism and the fact that although she swore to uphold the Constitution, she worked hard to put her own agenda first. For that I am glad that she no longer sits on the bench of our nation's highest court.

Uncle Joe stated "The people should elect a President to choose who sits on the Supreme Court!"

NEWS FLASH, Uncle Joe: We already did. President Trump is STILL the President, and he has the Constitutional AUTHORITY to appoint a replacement until he is replaced at the end of his term as President. Whether you like it or not. Pound sand, Joe.

·
Premium Member
17,168 Posts
Uncle Joe stated "The people should elect a President to choose who sits on the Supreme Court!"

NEWS FLASH, Uncle Joe: We already did. President Trump is STILL the President,
Yeah i saw him read that statement and had the same thought We did elect a President already! Man Joe will read any dumb statement put in front of him! When they told Trump about her death it caught him off guard, but he gave a great response to her death. But Sleepy joe had a statement all written out for him and he still mumbled thru it. What a Idiot!

·
Registered
5,182 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Wow. As if this corona infested nightmare of a looney tune election season needed more drama. Well, if Trump will actually shove this down the democraps throats before the election, I will rejoice Evermore, Evermore!!

Maybe he will also nominate someone that will be our Conservative Savior!!

·
Super Moderator
25,649 Posts
I personally think that an appointment needs to be made immediately. You know the dems will try and drag this out past election day, hoping for a biden win. And if that happens, they'll drag it out all the way to inauguration day.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Wow. As if this corona infested nightmare of a looney tune election season needed more drama. Well, if Trump will actually shove this down the democraps throats before the election, I will rejoice Evermore, Evermore!!

Maybe he will also nominate someone that will be our Conservative Savior!!
Hopefully they can push it through.....but....it is not a slam dunk
5B171A16-DF8C-4A73-8A1C-E93718D460C1.jpeg
Politically I think it’s a mistake, I’ll be glad to be wrong.

·
Garandaholic
9,378 Posts
I wanted her to have a long happy retirement, but I want another constitutionalist on the Court.

A thought: we are likely headed for a true constitutional crisis, we will surely need a full nine Justice Supreme Court to unravel whatever treachery the dems pull off in November. this is a very different situation than when McConnel delayed Garland's hearings.
This is a tricky one. It really would be fair to not attempt to nominate a justice so close to an election. Not to mention virtually impossible time wise. But, with said election almost sure to wind up in the court's hands, having an even number promises to be problematic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was getting ready to paint the house. I told the family last night that I think maybe we will fortify it with sandbags instead.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
We'll, the Dems spent 3.5 yrs of Trump's term trying to impeach him on false pretenses. He owes the Dems nothing. I'm sure he will gain a lot of moment to use from this.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
Well, whomever the President nominates, they WILL get the crap beat out of them just because it was Trump that did the nomination SO, lets give the scum bag left wing Democrats something to chew on.;)
The President should nominate a BLACK WOMEN.
If the idiot Democrats go after her, they'll be going AGAINST all Black folks and Women. Lets see them get out of that. :D:D;);)

·
Premium Member
17,168 Posts
I think if he Nominates a woman Collins(Maine) and Murkowski(Alaska) will be more inclined to support her than if he nomated another man. Just my thoughts might be wrong. As far as Romney goes Trump would have to nominate a Transgender freako for him to show any support.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Big mistake to push it through immediately. That turns RBG into a martyr and that is the last thing we need going into this election, especially with all of the movies already made and more to come on RBG.

There has been a gap between support from Biden supports and Trump. This will make them completely fervent. Not a good thing. This changes the election completely. And not for the good for Trump.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Trump has already said he won't make an appt. until after the election. Then yes, coloring books, safe spaces, psycho therapy and only God knows what else the left will need....as cities burn again....maybe. I think that crap will come to a screeching halt after the election.
I guess all the headlines are wrong then?

Trump urges Republicans to fill Ginsburg vacancy 'without delay'

POLITICS
Trump wants to move ‘without delay’ to replace Ginsburg, setting up epic Supreme Court fight before election

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I disagree with all the naysayers. Pres Trump and the Republican held Senate should get a nominee immediately if not sooner....
No matter what he does, the Democrats will attack, attack, attack. It is time for the Republican held Senate to grow a pair and do something right and IMO what is right is to nominate a new member to the Supreme Court.
For the people here who talk about FAIR. When has FAIR and politics had anything to do with each other?

·
Garandaholic
9,378 Posts
Well, whomever the President nominates, they WILL get the crap beat out of them just because it was Trump that did the nomination SO, lets give the scum bag left wing Democrats something to chew on.;)
The President should nominate a BLACK WOMEN.
If the idiot Democrats go after her, they'll be going AGAINST all Black folks and Women. Lets see them get out of that. :D:D;);)
They do it all the time.
You are applying reason and consistency. Those concepts do not exist in the liberal mind.

I think if he Nominates a woman Collins(Maine) and Murkowski(Alaska) will be more inclined to support her than if he nomated another man. Just my thoughts might be wrong. As far as Romney goes Trump would have to nominate a Transgender freako for him to show any support.:rolleyes:
Collins is actually a very nice, well meaning "regular" person. She's from the "county" which is real America.
Unfortunately, she's far from a constitutional scholar. I'm all for average Joe's/Jane's in government, I worry about her as a SCJ.
Murkowski? I'm open to hear what folks who know her better have to say, but short of something really mind changing, I'm a hard NO!

·
Premium Member
17,168 Posts
I disagree with all the naysayers. Pres Trump and the Republican held Senate should get a nominee immediately if not sooner....
No matter what he does, the Democrats will attack, attack, attack. It is time for the Republican held Senate to grow a pair and do something right and IMO what is right is to nominate a new member to the Supreme Court.
For the people here who talk about FAIR. When has FAIR and politics had anything to do with each other?
I agree! When does Trump ever go on the Defensive. He isn't going to lay back and worry what the Dems will say or do cause they are ready to jump him no matter what way he goes or who he picks! May as well just jump in and do what he thinks is best! Schumer has already come unglued and pelosi ain't far behind!:D:D:D

41 - 60 of 132 Posts