The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I think if he Nominates a woman Collins(Maine) and Murkowski(Alaska) will be more inclined to support her than if he nomated another man. Just my thoughts might be wrong. As far as Romney goes Trump would have to nominate a Transgender freako for him to show any support.:rolleyes:
Sorry, Joe - Murkowski already said she wouldn't vote. Collins is trying to appease the Liberals in her state - so she's out of it. Romney won't support a Trump nominee no matter WHO it is. That is 3. The Democrats will stand lock-step (again). Gonna be a tough one.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,872 Posts
I don't like to speak ill of the dead, so I'll just say that I hope she reaps the reward she so richly deserves
So long as she was alive, we could pray for her conversion. Now she is dead she is beyond our intercession.

I wonder how the Christians felt when Nero died? Proverbs 11:When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices, And when the wicked perish, there is joyful shouting.

I think Trump should press ahead with the new nomination as fast as possible.

·
Premium Member
11,189 Posts
I guess all the headlines are wrong then?

Trump urges Republicans to fill Ginsburg vacancy 'without delay'

POLITICS
Trump wants to move ‘without delay’ to replace Ginsburg, setting up epic Supreme Court fight before election
Did it ever occur to you I might have been wrong? I've never had a problem admitting I made a mistake. I told you what I was certain I heard this morning. Evidently I didn't hear what I thought I did. I will humbly defer to your superior knowledge.

·
Premium Member
17,192 Posts
The Democrats will stand lock-step (again).
That really gets me. It always seems like the Republicans are always worried about their jobs. The Dems never care what their voters think. They all bind together vote party lines and never fear what their constituents will do! Whereas there are always a few republicans scared to stay with their party!

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Big mistake to push it through immediately. That turns RBG into a martyr and that is the last thing we need going into this election, especially with all of the movies already made and more to come on RBG.

There has been a gap between support from Biden supports and Trump. This will make them completely fervent. Not a good thing. This changes the election completely. And not for the good for Trump.
you are correct, this is a gift to the liberals in a way. they have a martyr to rally round now.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
That really gets me. It always seems like the Republicans are always worried about their jobs. The Dems never care what their voters think. They all bind together vote party lines and never fear what their constituents will do! Whereas there are always a few republicans scared to stay with their party!
THINK is the operative word. The brainwashed are no long capable of independent thought.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,192 Posts
From what i'm seeing it seems that Amy coney Barret is tops on Trump's list. Anybody know her views on the 2nd Amendment? Hopefully Trump makes that a priority for whoever he picks. In Biden's case his only priority is that they be black. female. and hate the establishment!

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
This is the result when you never get held to account by the disgusting lamestream media.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I agree! When does Trump ever go on the Defensive. He isn't going to lay back and worry what the Dems will say or do cause they are ready to jump him no matter what way he goes or who he picks! May as well just jump in and do what he thinks is best! Schumer has already come unglued and pelosi ain't far behind!:D:D:D
Unglued isn't the word for Pelosi and Chuckles, their plys delaminated long ago. They're both stark raving lunatics.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Not applicable to the OP, but I'll just throw this out for he delectation of the members. Sitting on the front porch this evening enjoying the cool weather with a cup of coffee. House across the street has a Biden sign. Two people walking by picked it up and dropped it on the grass. Made me happy, with all of the FB posts about UPS drivers and mailmen stealing Trump signs..

·
Premium Member
17,192 Posts
Not applicable to the OP, but I'll just throw this out for he delectation of the members. Sitting on the front porch this evening enjoying the cool weather with a cup of coffee. House across the street has a Biden sign. Two people walking by picked it up and dropped it on the grass. Made me happy, with all of the FB posts about UPS drivers and mailmen stealing Trump signs..
Now that would have made my Evening! Think i would have got a second cup of coffee after that.:):clap:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
The gambit being played is this. Push a vote before the election, those GOP up for reelection in swing states and blue states will be ousted if they vote for a Trump nominee before the election. We could paradoxically get a conservative justice but lose the senate.

We are at a crossroads and RBG died at a very inopportune time. Not that she didn't fight that all the way, but we are looking at an October surprise in September.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I’m happy the seat is open and I am positive she is reaping her reward. Whatever that may be. Once Trump has secured his re-election, well have a constitutional majority in the SC and can save our rights, and by extension, our country.
A lot of unborn babies died as a result of Ginsberg's liberal leanings, I surely doubt she's standing in front of him now and reaping any rewards. But hey, that's just my opinion.

61 - 80 of 132 Posts