The Firearms Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,270 Posts
I have said this before and it bears repeating. The lame stream media is to the DNC what Joseph Goebbels was to Adolf Hitler.

As far as making an appointment right now, I truly don't know what the results might be, nor does anyone else. The American electorate is much like a jury in that you never know what verdict they will return. I don't believe there's any doubt the demofascists will try to steal the election. Nothing is beneath them. They might as well skip the formalities and just call themselves Communists or Nazis right now. Their tactics already smack of both ideologies. Constitutionally many are already guilty of treason.

We desperately need to maintain the White House, keep the Senate and take the House. I simply don't know which way the electorate will tilt regardless of what President Trump does. I see advantages and disadvantages both ways. Whatever he does one can rest assured that the DNC and the media will condemn it at their highest volume setting.

We all know how purblind demofascists are. My late father-in-law was one of those. He thought he was a devout Catholic but, 40 years ago when he asked me to vote for a corrupt democrat I told him no and he went off. I made the comment, "Melvin, you wouldn't vote for Jesus if he was running for office as a Republican." I was very taken aback when he said, "No, I wouldn't." That's what we're up against.

You can't talk to them and certainly can't reason with them. I asked Melvin if he supported abortion, higher taxes, more government regulation, basically the demofascist platform. He denied support for any of them. Then I asked why he supported a party who demanded those things of its constituency. As expected, bluster, name calling, condemnation. How do you deal with that? Often you're in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Anyway, the subject of politics never came up again.

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
And pelosi is threatening impeachment again if does something that is within his authority as president.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Interesting commentary giving a different perspective. Trump appears to have a benefit by filling the seat, the senators in election races this year will be in a worse position with an early vote before the election.

https://www.foxnews.com

Gaining the White House and keeping the Senate are both goals of this election. Not a lot of good options at this point, but it seems that pushing this before the election pushes the Dems to outright fanaticism if they are not already there right now.
I both agree and disagree with your points, Alaska. Gaining the House, keeping the Senate and re-electing the President ARE primary goals in my mind. also. I think where we see things differently is that I don't think there is anything that will 'fire-up' Democrats more than they already are - OR make them more rabid/fanatic than they already are.

I've got a cousin who served with the Cav in 1965 as a Huey mechanic. This guy is Looney-Tunes Anti-Trump. I'm talking drool running down his chin Looney Tunes. I don't think there is anything the President can do to make him more rabid, and I see him as a pretty typical Democrat. Based on that alone - I say "Fill that vacant SCOTUS seat". President Trump is STILL President and even if he looses the election - he is STILL President until January 2021. Even if he doesn't, I'm pretty certain my cousin won't be sending him flowers - so what does it matter?

Because there is an election this year doesn't mean President Trump looses his authority/duty under the Constitution to appoint a Justice Nominee to the Supreme Court. Go for it!.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I both agree and disagree with your points, Alaska. Gaining the House, keeping the Senate and re-electing the President ARE primary goals in my mind. also. I think where we see things differently is that I don't think there is anything that will 'fire-up' Democrats more than they already are - OR make them more rabid/fanatic than they already are.

I've got a cousin who served with the Cav in 1965 as a Huey mechanic. This guy is Looney-Tunes Anti-Trump. I'm talking drool running down his chin Looney Tunes. I don't think there is anything the President can do to make him more rabid, and I see him as a pretty typical Democrat. Based on that alone - I say "Fill that vacant SCOTUS seat". President Trump is STILL President and even if he looses the election - he is STILL President until January 2021. Even if he doesn't, I'm pretty certain my cousin won't be sending him flowers - so what does it matter?

Because there is an election this year doesn't mean President Trump looses his authority/duty under the Constitution to appoint a Justice Nominee to the Supreme Court. Go for it!.
I don’t think anyone knows the answers here, a Kobayashi Maru scenario. What I do know is your cousin is far from the only wackadoodle out there. And they do get fired up when the sacred rituals appear threatened.

9B1E888D-2060-4A02-B046-0866EEBF4D1A.jpeg

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I have said this before and it bears repeating. The lame stream media is to the DNC what Joseph Goebbels was to Adolf Hitler.

As far as making an appointment right now, I truly don't know what the results might be, nor does anyone else. The American electorate is much like a jury in that you never know what verdict they will return. I don't believe there's any doubt the demofascists will try to steal the election. Nothing is beneath them. They might as well skip the formalities and just call themselves Communists or Nazis right now. Their tactics already smack of both ideologies. Constitutionally many are already guilty of treason.

We desperately need to maintain the White House, keep the Senate and take the House. I simply don't know which way the electorate will tilt regardless of what President Trump does. I see advantages and disadvantages both ways. Whatever he does one can rest assured that the DNC and the media will condemn it at their highest volume setting.

We all know how purblind demofascists are. My late father-in-law was one of those. He thought he was a devout Catholic but, 40 years ago when he asked me to vote for a corrupt democrat I told him no and he went off. I made the comment, "Melvin, you wouldn't vote for Jesus if he was running for office as a Republican." I was very taken aback when he said, "No, I wouldn't." That's what we're up against.

You can't talk to them and certainly can't reason with them. I asked Melvin if he supported abortion, higher taxes, more government regulation, basically the demofascist platform. He denied support for any of them. Then I asked why he supported a party who demanded those things of its constituency. As expected, bluster, name calling, condemnation. How do you deal with that? Often you're in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Anyway, the subject of politics never came up again.
No, you cannot reason with them. They are beyond that. It appears to me that this is in the spiritual realm. The Bible tells us it would be like this at the time of the end:

II Thessalonians 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I just read this on Fox. Interesting perspective and perhaps the right move for Trump. Not many of us have the law degrees and legal knowledge or the political savvy to know what the right move is.

One thing I know is the Trump over and over again overcomes the conventional wisdom of his advisors. he seems to have a feel for what works and what doesn't most of the time. Certainly more so than my limited knowledge. There have been plenty of times where I thought he should zig left and he zagged right and it was the right way to go.

So, I will keep this and many other things in prayer. We are facing unusual times and I would venture that they are biblical times in every shade that meaning. In many ways, Trump has been a man of our times and the only man who could have been. So, keep all in prayer and ask of God to give Trump and his advisors wisdom and knowledge. We truly live in perilous times.

II Timothy 3:3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

·
Registered
184 Posts
The comments from OAC and others are not being questioned by the Lame stream media.
I don't think they have any idea what reaction they will receive!

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Well, no matter what we think should or should not be done, Trump is moving ahead at full steam. I pray that he selects someone that will help him keep the White House, the Senate and regain the House.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-scotus-nominee-friday-saturday

Time for all of us Christians to take this to the Lord in prayer.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Anything we can do to drive the leftwing loonytoons even more batcrap crazy, the better. Let Mr. and Mrs. America see these terrorists for what they are.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree with Ral357. The Antichrist's children hate us as much as possible already, and appeasing them doesn't work. Their goal isn't coexistence. They want us dead and off the planet. They will always take action against us regardless of what we do, and they will always say it's our fault, so we are free to do that which we know is right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Regardless of what I thought of her politically...may she rest in peace.
It is a monster. It is not dead. It went to the monster place to join no-name & papa bushies. Let the dead bury the dead. Selah

Much better to wait until after the election. Trump should not name any nominee until he secures the reelection. We don't need one more reason for the rioters to assemble outside the White House.

Doing a victory dance after reelection is better than stirring up the weirdos in advance.
unborn and 12-17 year olds are safer with this monster in the monster place

A big game-changer in the Presidential election. Only in the year 2020 could all this happen. I think Trump should nominate a candidate. If he should lose we still could control the Supreme Court. This is very important for our gun rights.
for all our rights.

All I know is that if the situation was reversed as far as parties go, the democrats would have done what McConnell did with Scalia's replacement, and they would be scrambling to appoint another now. I see no good reason for the Republicans to do anything different. Fight fire with fire.

Tom
exactly Tom, matter of fact pour gasoline on the fire. I wonder who has more dirt on Roberts, DS or POTUS? I see a 2fer....

No, you cannot reason with them. They are beyond that. It appears to me that this is in the spiritual realm. The Bible tells us it would be like this at the time of the end:

II Thessalonians 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I just read this on Fox. Interesting perspective and perhaps the right move for Trump. Not many of us have the law degrees and legal knowledge or the political savvy to know what the right move is.

One thing I know is the Trump over and over again overcomes the conventional wisdom of his advisors. he seems to have a feel for what works and what doesn't most of the time. Certainly more so than my limited knowledge. There have been plenty of times where I thought he should zig left and he zagged right and it was the right way to go.

So, I will keep this and many other things in prayer. We are facing unusual times and I would venture that they are biblical times in every shade that meaning. In many ways, Trump has been a man of our times and the only man who could have been. So, keep all in prayer and ask of God to give Trump and his advisors wisdom and knowledge. We truly live in perilous times.

II Timothy 3:3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
We live at the end of this age and n the shadow of the tribulation. As Christians we should expect this from the evil in the world. Ginsberg is a monster. it has went to the monster place to join no-name & papa bush. good riddance.
For conservatives (not rips or dims) this is a God send. We get a conservative leaning SCOTUS and now the dims will have to change their plan of daily barrage of bull$h!+ of attacking POTUS. Now they will point all their knives at the "nominee".
Buckle up. dark to LIGHT.

Prayers for her family. I'll be beyond surprised if anything gets done before the election.
in the immortal words of Gomer "surprise, surprise, surprise". Better words are from Mitch "we have the votes".

If by some miracle (please Lord) they managed to fill Ginsburg’s position they’ll need to break out the therapy dogs and coloring books again.
no, they will need to put the rubber bullets and tear gas away.....

That is good news. There is no way to get this done before the election. All it would do is rattle the cages and increase the howling, giving the progressives more ammo to stir up the lemmings to get out and vote.
One has to wonder what McConnell’s true motives are here. Absolutely no good will come from his chest thumping at this point. Stupid at best.
not sure where y'all r getting your info from, but POTUS and Mitch will fill this spot. screw the dims.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I agree with Ral357. The Antichrist's children hate us as much as possible already, and appeasing them doesn't work. Their goal isn't coexistence. They want us dead and off the planet. They will always take action against us regardless of what we do, and they will always say it's our fault, so we are free to do that which we know is right.
Yep, we are fighting a retrograde action delaying the inevitable.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Here is a glimpse into the minds of the progressives. The gist of it is for Schumer to tell the Republicans to play nice or else they’ll inflate and pack the Supreme Court with liberal activist judges at their first opportunity. Humm that’s already their goal.........o_O.
https://www.motherjones.com/politic...g-death-democrats-whats-next-mcconnell-trump/
Trump may be right on pushing it right back at them like you would a bully on the playground. Not that I ever had to push back against a bully on the playground. At 5'7" as a teen and 155 lbs, my older brother was best friends with all of the bullies on the playground so that is probably why I never had any real problems and my oldest brother was Mr. Popularity in the school. So I coasted on their coat tails.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,270 Posts
I expect that as with a lot of you, I have been following this....somewhat closely. Again, on Bott radio, they had a person whose name I didn't catch or recognize who went over what I remember as being 29 times the same situation has arisen in the past, when a seat on the SCOTUS was vacated during an election year. If I remember right, almost exactly half were when the President and the Senate were of the same party and the other half, they were of opposing parties. Nearly every time, when the President and Senate were of the same party, the President submitted a nominee and he/she was approved. The other half, when the President and Senate were opposites, the nominee was not approved.

Therefore, there is significant historical precedent for exactly what President Trump is doing and, as usual, the demofascists are lying about it.

Now, having that knowledge in hand, I am in full support of the President doing precisely what he is doing. The only instance I could remember was when McConnell would not bring Obama's nominee to the Senate floor. My sense of fair play, which is meaningless when one is discussing demofascists, thought the President should wait until after the election. I no longer hold that belief. Just proves a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts