The Firearms Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I expect that as with a lot of you, I have been following this....somewhat closely. Again, on Bott radio, they had a person whose name I didn't catch or recognize who went over what I remember as being 29 times the same situation has arisen in the past, when a seat on the SCOTUS was vacated during an election year. If I remember right, almost exactly half were when the President and the Senate were of the same party and the other half, they were of opposing parties. Nearly every time, when the President and Senate were of the same party, the President submitted a nominee and he/she was approved. The other half, when the President and Senate were opposites, the nominee was not approved.

Therefore, there is significant historical precedent for exactly what President Trump is doing and, as usual, the demofascists are lying about it.

Now, having that knowledge in hand, I am in full support of the President doing precisely what he is doing. The only instance I could remember was when McConnell would not bring Obama's nominee to the Senate floor. My sense of fair play, which is meaningless when one is discussing demofascists, thought the President should wait until after the election. I no longer hold that belief. Just proves a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
McConnell should have considered Obama’s nominee and rejected him. By not doing so he has given the Dimoctrats ammunition to help fuel this bonfire we find ourselves in. Remember we may value logic and the law, the lemmings however see the world through a lens that is colored by feelings. It’s like dealing with a 15 year old agonizing about how unfair some slight real or imagined is. Some never grow past the idealism of youth and are easily led over the precipice even when the dangers are apparent if one just stops and looks.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
McConnell should have considered Obama’s nominee and rejected him. By not doing so he has given the Dimoctrats ammunition to help fuel this bonfire we find ourselves in.
The Dumocrats do not need anything from the past to fuel their bonfire. They will do it no matter what happens or happened or did not happen in the past. In that case Mitch McConnell did EXACTLY the right thing for his constituents. Kowtowing to the Democrats is NEVER the right thing to do.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
The Dumocrats do not need anything from the past to fuel their bonfire. They will do it no matter what happens or happened or did not happen in the past. In that case Mitch McConnell did EXACTLY the right thing for his constituents. Kowtowing to the Democrats is NEVER the right thing to do.
Obama’s nominee wouldn’t have been confirmed if they had moved forward. McConnells words on why they didn’t consider Garland are problematic. He didn’t say Garland doesn’t stand a chance we will not waste time or energy on this dead end. He said “ the American people deserve a voice in this”. Taking this as the standard as an election approaches, wrongly, in March certainly shades the decision to move forward in September in a bad light.
Trump will move forward and if no one other than Collins and Murcowski break ranks it should move through. I am pleasantly surprised that Romney decided he does in fact love the country more that he hates Trump and will cooperate in the process. There were a couple more that were shaky and I thought they wouldn’t do what is needed.
If McConnell had allowed the vote on Garland it wouldn’t have been kowtowing by any stretch. It would have been looking more than one step ahead in the game. That’s one of the main problems we face, the Democrats play the long game and far too my Republicans are short sighted and get herded into the trickbag over and over. It’s not enough to be right, they gotta play smart. Especially when so many things are lined up against them, academia, pop culture, the press.
Hopefully they will not allow the Dems to drag this out with their usual circus tactics.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts
Yep. BBC introduced her as "anti-abortion" and didn't say much else in their one-line report on the news this AM.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts