The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Brown Rectangle Wood Material property Electronic device
Wood Camera lens Audio equipment Cameras & optics Automotive exterior
Nice lady brought this over yesterday.Her grandfather brought back,basically sitting in holster in safe for decades.NOT for sale-would like to know year(if you can read ser#) and how to gently clean and leave original finish...Should I oil holster too?After gentle cleaning,it will be put in a dessicant/oil bag to be put back in safe for grandson...Has holster and 2 mags.....yes,I'm going to pop off a few before cleaning 🙃

·
Premium Member
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can answer some of the questions better if can see the left side of the gun.

Looks to me like the serial number starts with an m. If it has a takedown lever, with an M serial number it should be about 1943. If it does not have the takedown lever then it would be 1945.
Yes,it has a takedown lever------she said there were an L-shaped thingee with a lump at one end lying on the shelf in the safe.There is an empty hole in the usual place with slide marks up and down further back.She is going to bring it over along with 3 other handguns.Hoping for something else out of the ordinary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts