Random Gun Photo thread

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Big Mak, Mar 30, 2017.

1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

If I click on the upload a file button the PHOTO LIBRARY button takes me to the pictures on my iPhone. Then I choose what I want and upload it.

carver, ysacres and TN Outlaw like this.
  2. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Okay, here it is - Stage 1 of my AR-10 build:

Stage1Complete.png

I gave up on trying to do the 80% lower - work and getting the house in the PRC sold has consumed all of my time for months. I bought a stripped lower from Palmetto State Armory, then discovered that only the PSA parts kit will fit the PSA lower. The barrel was a custom build in .243 Win from Columbia River - 22" stainless, semi-bull profile, threaded with 1:10 twist rate.

I call it Stage 1 because I still intend to add walnut furniture to the beast. I'm having some issues with the bolt fully closing because the extractor spring is incredibly strong. In this configuration I plan to test fire it tomorrow, then stone surfaces or modify springs until I'm convinced that it will feed and eject reliably. Then the A2 stock will be replaced by good old American Walnut. I'm also planning to slice off the lower half of the handguard, then make a walnut forend that will mate with the remaining upper half, extending from just in front of the barrel nut to just behind the bipod mounting rail.

I just tossed in some cheap flip-up sights, but I haven't decided yet what optics to use.

carver, nmckenzie, howlnmad and 4 others like this.

3. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

One of my brothers has a M-1 garand he picked up from that Civilian Markmanship Program.He paid a little extra and got a really nice one.It's a great shooter but man is it heavy,I was really surprized.Can you imagine those Korea war vets lugging that thing 15 or 20 miles with all their other stuff to.We were shooting it while camping in the Nevada boonies.They gave him a great deal on large amounts of ammo for it to.I bet the 30 carbine fun to shoot also.

carver and ysacres like this.
  4. mla6021

mla6021 Active Member

My favorite deer rifle (700 BDL 30-06) and my biggest buck.
    IMG_0004.jpg

carver, nmckenzie, joe45c and 5 others like this.
  5. TN Outlaw

TN Outlaw Well-Known Member

20170416_191606.jpg like this? Huh thats ez!

carver, gvw3, nmckenzie and 5 others like this.
  6. TN Outlaw

Worked exactly like you said, thanks!

carver, slayer and ysacres like this.
  7. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I still live about 15 miles from that spot, it was a great place to shoot back then. Now there's houses along the ridge right behind where we used to shoot. It was always private property but it wasn't fenced or posted and we hunted and shot out there all the time. Band Tailed Pigeons, Mountain Quail, Doves and lots of deer out there then.

carver, joe45c and ysacres like this.
  8. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member Supporting Member

carver, Grizzley1 and ysacres like this.
  9. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

Mak somewhere in my stash o' parts is a half finished pepperbox, one of these days I'll get it put together.:)

Meanwhile here's a British style long range target rifle in .451 Alex Henry styled rifling. This is before it was sent off for checkering. S4020664.JPG S4020666.JPG

carver, Big Mak, nmckenzie and 2 others like this.
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I believe that's an NAA mini revolver.

carver and Big Mak like this.
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The picture is a little blurry but that looks like a North American Arms mini revolver to me

EDIT: A little quicker on the draw, Alpo.

carver and Big Mak like this.
  12. flyingtiger85

Me with my most reliable and funnest to shoot firearms combo.Bushmaster M-4 and CZ-75B 9mm.
    IMG_6747 (640x480).jpg

13. TN Outlaw

Yes, its a NAA pug. Ill take pepper box price for it tho Lol

carver likes this.
  14. flyingtiger85

Beautiful handgun collection.I don't have a 1911 yet but I will someday.Not that I really need one but because I don't have one.I think it completes someone who likes guns collection.

carver, joe45c and jwdurf like this.
  15. TN Outlaw

Thanks, i seen your cz75b on your side, is it stainless? Those guns just melt in my hand. Love how they feel.

My prob as 1911's go is i dont actually have a standard 45acp 1911. My 45acp is actually a railed(2011) and the other is a 1911 in 9mm. I will say both are Rock Is Armory and on the cheaper end but have been great pistols. The 45acp has night sights and shoots fine but the 9mm outshoots me anyday of the week and runs like a caddy! That light round in that beefy of a pistol is nice to shoot. Although neither are Colts or Kimbers, I have no complaints.

carver and joe45c like this.