The Firearms Forum banner

881 - 890 of 890 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
How bout some Marlin Levermatics from the 50's/60's. These are a sub catagory of Marlins that Marlin nuts collect, they made five different versions, I have aquired three, Top is a Mod 57M 22 mag, Middle is a Mod 57 22lr and bottom is a 1955 Mod 56 22lr. They are all extremely accurate and heavy walnut stocked rifles. The appeal of the levermatics is that the lever only opens a very short throw to cycle the gun, resulting in a very fast follow up shot if needed. The last two versions of the Levermatic made were the Mod 62 and it was available in 30 carbine and 256 mag. My hunt continues for the last two. View attachment 238530
Don't forget to look for a Kessler Levermatic shotgun. Marlin bought the Patent from Kessler.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Here is a Kessler Model 50 "Levermatic" 20 gage. It was made in the early 1950's. Kessler also made a low cost line of bolt action shotguns.
Very nice, I have never saw one in the wild, but if I did I would probably buy it :cool:

Reactions: Alpo

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Here is one you wont see often, made in 1959 only. Its a Marlin Crown Prince single shot 22lr. Drove a couple hours to get it from a Cabelas, it was sweaty and dirty with some surface rust but cleaned up nice.
Crown 9.jpg
Crown 7.jpg
Crown 8.jpg

881 - 890 of 890 Posts