The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up early and at the 50 ft indoor range at 5:30 am, not another sole anywhere. I brought 4 different Savage 22LR rifles

Mk II FV-SR
Mk II BVNSXP At-One (Walmart Special)
Mk II Minimalist (green)
Mk II Minimalist (brown)

i shot about 600 rounds of Federal Bulk (blue box) ammo

FV-SR - shot great, it may be the best shooting Savage rifle I’ve ever owned
BVNSXP - a great shooter right out of the box, it will be giving the FV-SR, a run for the money
Green - shot very well
Brown - shot very well, like the green one, about a step behind the other 2, new rear sights (same as the other 2) will be here with in a the next week, then we shall see.

the Federal bulk ammo shot fine, no issues.

lots of targets, lots of holes in paper, lots of smiles, it was a great morning. I just got off the phone, I may go back, later this evening.

here are pics of the rifles and a few of the targets

Wood Automotive exterior Rectangle Metal Composite material
Circle Font Recreation Spiral Pattern
Circle Font Design Event Recreation
Wood Font Circle Art Precision sports
Wood Font Recreation Art Spiral
Wood Art Font Indoor games and sports Flooring

·
Premium Member
20,783 Posts
Good groups. You have a very impressive 22 target rifle collection. I am going to my range soon but it is kind of windy today.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to my family I lead a boring life, I don’t drink, smoke, gamble, do drugs or chase wild women, but I do shoot 4-5 times a week. I average about 700-1000 rounds a week, the price of ammo, is my entertainment cost.

I could do a lot better shooting if I took one rifle and concentrated on that one, but I like variety or as my brother states that, “I’m on the quest for the perfect sub $900 22LR rifle, I have not found it yet, but I’ll keep trying”.

I am pushing 30+ 22LRs…

·
Premium Member
20,783 Posts
I went to the range and tried the CCI-AR Tactical ammo you have recommended. It worked well. I will be buying more. I was going to compare it to CCI-SV but I brought the CCI-Quiet by mistake. Thanks for the tip.
Food Flower Gas Circle Automotive tire
Font Circle Terrestrial plant Auto part Event

50 yards in the 15 to 20 mph wind.

Reactions: soonerfan66

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the range and tried the CCI-AR Tactical ammo you have recommended. It worked well. I will be buying more. I was going to compare it to CCI-SV but I brought the CCI-Quiet by mistake. Thanks for the tip.
View attachment 262603 View attachment 262604
50 yards in the 15 to 20 mph wind.
I’m glad they worked for you, I’ve had absolutely no issues with them

·
Premium Member
20,783 Posts
Funny when I shot the CCI-Quiet I had earplugs in and could hardly hear the shot. I pulled the bolt and looked for a squib. Nothing in the barrel. I shot it again and the same thing. Then I noticed no bullet hole in the target. I then looked at the box of ammo and saw it was not the CCI-SV but it was the CCI-Quiet. I don't even know where I got this ammo. I don't remember ever buying it. I shot 3 more rounds to see where it was hitting. Must be hitting a foot low as I never could find the hole anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts