The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally after 10 days I got to take the scorpion to the range. And it’s quite a shooter. Battery on the Romeo5 gave out two mags in, but the iron sights were right on the money, so the trip wasn’t a wash. Takeaways from it though, is I gotta do something about the safety, as it rubs into my knuckle as I’m shooting and goodnight does it hurt! And I stopped and picked up some blue threadlocker because the thread protector has a habit of walking off. But it’s accurate. Now to begin to find which defensive rounds it likes most. Textile Rectangle Art Font Red
Font Rectangle Circle Recreation Pattern
Font Circle Art Recreation Rectangle
Automotive tire Cannon Motor vehicle Tire Tread

· Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
3,973 Posts
Does that hand guard need to be turned around to keep your hand away from the muzzle? Looks like fun.

· Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that hand guard need to be turned around to keep your hand away from the muzzle? Looks like fun.
That’s the direction it originally was, but recoil is quite minimal, so I turned it around to use as a lever to pull it in and make it more stable.

Reactions: Grizzly2

· Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No! This is adding to my desire for a Scorpion.
It’s a tad pricey for what it is, but after squeezing the trigger it’s well worth it. Couple of issues, but aftermarket on them has really come a long way and fixed them. The striker block has an issue with peening over and can cause an OOB detonation, but nexus firearms has addressed it and more. The ambi safety is intrusive, but there are a lot of options on selectors. Honestly it isn’t going to take much to turn this into a prime shooter. It’s already quite accurate.

· Premium Member
243 Posts
Well finally after 10 days I got to take the scorpion to the range. And it’s quite a shooter. Battery on the Romeo5 gave out two mags in, but the iron sights were right on the money, so the trip wasn’t a wash. Takeaways from it though, is I gotta do something about the safety, as it rubs into my knuckle as I’m shooting and goodnight does it hurt! And I stopped and picked up some blue threadlocker because the thread protector has a habit of walking off. But it’s accurate. Now to begin to find which defensive rounds it likes most. View attachment 286944 View attachment 286945 View attachment 286946 View attachment 286947
I replaced the safety with an AK style. HB industries, I think. Makes a hell of a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts