The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't owned or shot a pistol in probably 15 years.

I recently got a CCP and purchased a HK P2000sk in 9MM. I replaced the sights with Tridium night sights and have been working to dial the gun back in.

First trip to the range it was shooting way left. Went home and adjusted the rear sight. I then bought a Sight Mark laser bore sight. Hanging a target on the inside of the closed garage door I inserted the bore sight and it looked very good.

Yesterday I went back to the range. Started off at the 7 yd. target and still shot a little left. Retried the bore sight and it still put the dot on the bullseye. Remembering the range had a "correction target" posted showing various accuracy problems I went and checked it out. It said my problem was caused by "too little trigger finger"

So I added more (deeper) trigger grip. Wow! Big difference. 50% increase in hits within the first two rings. Move the target back to the 15 yd mark and put 2/3 in the first 3 rings. Still need more practice, but it's coming together.

I really like this gun!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Pistols are all about practice. I find myself shooting bad if I go too long not getting to the range.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
That correction chart has done wonders for my shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.