The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today. It's been 3 months since my last range day. I just got off of quarantine for covid Thursday. I had a hard time just walking into the clubhouse carrying my shotgun and range bag. 1st 10 rounds went well. Got all of them. For the 2nd 10, I did ok but was getting very tired. I missed one. For the last 5, I was having a hard time even holding the gun up and missed 2 more.

I have heard it takes some time to get your strength back after you get clear of this virus. It's no lie. I could only do one round. My son and Sil ran 2 more games. I don't know if I should try and push through this or just give it time to regain my strength. On a plus, I did hit 22 clays, and that's not bad after being almost 3 months away.

·
Registered
555 Posts
This virus sure seems to affect different folks in different ways. It can be deadly for some and a tough go for others. I was just talking with a man from church who just got over it. He's probably in his 40's and for him it wasn't much worse than a common cold. He lost his taste, smell, had a low grade fever for a short time and a small cough that didn't last too long. One recommendation he had was taking zinc and doing deep breathing excercises to open up the lungs and keep them open. He was healthy and had no ammune weakening problems though. He didn't take any special drugs to lick it quick, just day quill. I hope your strength returns to you quickly. Laying around probably wouldn't help much. You shot a better round in your weakened condition than I probably would have on my best day. Stay with it.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,724 Posts
Thanks for the range report. As said, go slow and steady. Rebuild your endurance as your body can take it.

Congratulations on getting out. Be patient.

Reactions: gvw3 and joe45c

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Val you will get your legs back under yourself just keep at it but don't try over doing it . Everyone is different have heard some folks come back quick other takes some time and it don't matter young or old either

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,672 Posts
I am 73; my wife is 69. Our Dr told us to take vitamin D and Zinc. He also told us to walk briskly for 1 hour each day, 8 days a week. This also helps our cholesterol and A1C. Keep moving and stay healthy.

·
Premium Member
17,938 Posts
I am 73; my wife is 69. Our Dr told us to take vitamin D and Zinc. He also told us to walk briskly for 1 hour each day, 8 days a week. This also helps our cholesterol and A1C. Keep moving and stay healthy.
You have a sadistic DR if he is making you walk 8 days a week!;) mine at least cuts me some slack and tells me 6 days a week is fine.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Val, I wasn't aware that you had been ill. Glad to hear you are now getting back out. I hope your strength improves quickly!

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
.....Glad you are back to the range !! ....(I can't hit 22 out of 25, and I didn't have COVID).....

·
Registered
586 Posts
Glad to hear that you are back out and shooting. Just take it easy and you will regain your strength the more you get out. Stay safe and God Bless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts