Rassin'- frackin'*C & R8^^#US mail !

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  2. ysacres

Rassin'-frackin' *(&R8^^# US Mail!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. ysacres

4. ysacres

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/14/01 12:14:37 pm)

Rassin'-frackin' *(&R8^^# US Mail!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent a bunch of handguns out to various buyers by good old US Priority Mail 9 days ago. They are just now getting to their buyers. I think Mesen got hers two days ago. They have all made it except one - a Colt Anaconda (!).

Conveniently enough, the Delivery Confirmation tags were not scanned into the system!

If it doesnt arrive today, it will be a job for the Postal Inspector and the BATF. Nothing like a $1000 pistol floating around in limbo...
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/14/01 10:42:22 pm)
    Re: Rassin'-frackin' *(&R8^^# US Mail!
    Hope you insured it Doc!

I will only ship the "Registered plus Return Receipt".
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

AntiqueDr
    (12/14/01 11:13:32 pm)

Sure, it was insured but settling a claim with USPS is a whole new headache. Luckily, the Anaconda showed up today and everything is alright. This time.

www.apaxenterprises.com

bondai
    (12/15/01 12:54:55 am)
    Reply Re: Rassin'-frackin' *(&R8^^# US Mail!
    Ah yes,another government operation I believe. Just wait till' they get ahold of airport security.....You will be spending more time in the airport than on the flight.
    "Be grateful that you are not getting all the government you are paying for"

Zigzag2
    (12/15/01 10:09:42 am)
    Hey Bondai,
    What do you think of the delivery from IN. to AZ. in 50hrs & 32mins. Too bad you were'nt there to receive it.
    ZigZag2

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/15/01 11:31:29 am)
    Doc,

The cost is on average $18.00 per pistol to ship
    USPS "Registered plus Return Receipt" but it is
    the safest(recomended)way to ship firearms
    via USPS and your claim is truly guaranteed
    to my knowledge. I will ship guns no other way,
    it costs a little more but still half the price of
    UPS next day air.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

AntiqueDr
    (12/15/01 11:38:42 am)

The claim may be guaranteed, but my grandchildren would have to collect it.

I'm pretty decided on UPS 3-day for handguns, the hell with their "tariff."

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/15/01 12:33:51 pm)
    I ship ground through UPS now, on all handguns.....bout 12.00 for a 1400.00 gun. Wanna know the secret, on how??? Cause I sure didn`t know until just recently....next day my kiester, not anymore.....
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

MPinkston
    (12/15/01 3:14:34 pm)
    LTS

Inquiring minds want to know..........

Just how do you do that?
    aguncollector@yahoo.com

gpostal
    (12/15/01 8:39:00 pm)
    priority mail 2-3 days NOT GUARANTEED , is what they have to say or should

priority is the same as first class ,.first class becomes priority at 13 oz

registered is the absolute safest way to send anything ,when it is given at the counter it is signed for and put in a safe ,then the driver signs and al the way down the line ,if a postal employee looses a registered item they are "fired" ,some one is in possession at all times ,banks send allot of cash this way ,the hope diamond was once mailed registered U.S mail

ups you can still loose it

AntiqueDr
    (12/15/01 8:48:54 pm)
    I may try it once, to see if I like it.

UPS has never lost a package for me. They have damaged one but I had the settlement check in 3 weeks.
    www.apaxenterprises.com

gpostal
    (12/15/01 9:03:03 pm)
    doc let me tell you about delivery confirmation

they scan it when dropped off to the person {no tracking}, now they will tell you that they deliver it to a person but in fact it only has to be dropped off at the door ,if no one is home they can leave it ,don't let anyone tell you different
    even with return receipt

I will calculate a 3# package from my door to yours

gpostal
    (12/15/01 9:33:14 pm)
    i don't have my rate fold ,when i find it just ask i can tell you exact shipping

the registered mail is a additional fee ,you first have to pay for first class/priority shipping ,it is not overnight ,but believe me it gets delivered as quick as possible because no postal employee wants to hang on to it, working in the p.o. you want to avoid registered mail like the plague because of the responsibility, and not allot of people use it ,it has its very own handling procedure ,very different from the rest of the mail
    three pound package
    priority mail 5.20

registered
    /w/ins/1000.00 9.00

return receipt 1.50
    -------------------------------------------

add
    restricted delivery 3.20

ElmersFudd
    (12/16/01 10:12:29 am)
    GP-

With UPS, they don't always just drop it on the backstep. When shipped you can specify "no signature required" and they will drop it.

I have had to chase down deliveries before 'cause the signature was required and the driver wouldn't leave it.

The nice thing about UPS is that at a maximum of about 300 miles is next day anyway, nearly always too. Even at 5-600 miles, it's just 2 days. Ups from Iowa to Fl beat the mail by 2 days and it was Priority too.

Merry Christmas

gpostal
    (12/16/01 8:44:50 pm)
    priority is same as first class 2-3 days NOT GUARANTEED

usps next day ,will get there next day by 12pm 365 days a year ,even Sundays and holidays

however ,there are some remote locations that can only receive second day by 3pm ,they will advise this at time of mailing

12.95 flate rate envelope ,if you can fit it in there and close it same rate regardless of wieght ,packages go up from there

if it is 1 minute late you get your money back for shipping

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/20/01 9:26:02 pm)
    Reply UPS or USPS
    They both suck.

Case #1. Last month , got my credit card statement, ONE day before it was due, happens with all my mail, my fault I didnt call the credit card company before. But called the company, told them I just received the statement, their reply " To bad, So sad " but will still have to charge me a late fee of $39.00. Talked to supervisor, he said " To bad, So sad ". Cut up that card. Paid off balance minus $39.00 fee.

The post man that does my route lives down the street from me, and he still cant get my mail to me or the rest of the route. Have met most of my neighbors because of delivering their mail to them and picking up mine. On one occasion, I actually got five other peoples mail and delivered it to them because the post man said it was out of his way to go back their houses and deliver the mail to the right place. When I got to their houses, I then picked up MY MAIL.

Case # 2. Just received my " NEW " monitor for new computer. Base that holds monitor is BUSTED. Sister bought it in New Mexico, sent it UPS, insured , signiture on reciept required. Sent it second day. Arrived a week late. Left at back door. Box crushed. Have called UPS several times, to have claim done, the person I am sopposed to talk with not there, " at lunch, at dinner,on break, out for the day, will return call, on other line, in bathroom.

Talked with guy that normally delivers out in my area, said another person delivered that day. Has told me in the past that UPS " DOES NOT " deliver in my area unless the van is more than half full, other wise it waits untill the next day. Saves on gas and maintance of van. Have paid for next day air on several occasions, have NEVER gotten next day air.

Never deliver anything on time from eighter one. But they sure want to raise the price of everything.

loader44.