The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm of a certain opinion that things like slotted screws should be parallel for aesthetics. My Tisas 1911 A1 has after market rose wood grips and they have that annoying chatter when tapped on! Doesn't matter whether they are torqued down or loose.
My question is might a few well placed drops of silicone caulk make my world right again?

· Super Moderator
45,411 Posts
I had that rattling problem a while back so I bought a bunch of little tiny "O" rings that just fit the threads on the grip screws. They got rid of the rattle problem, I think I saw Carl (woodnut) give some to a couple of people who bought some grips from him at the 2022 TFF BBQ & get-together.

· Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had that rattling problem a while back so I bought a bunch of little tiny "O" rings that just fit the threads on the grip screws. They got rid of the rattle problem, I think I saw Carl (woodnut) give some to a couple of people who bought some grips from him at the 2022 TFF BBQ & get-together.
Where would the o-ring go, between the screw head, or between the grip and the frame?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts