Raven lawsuit dismissed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/03 7:58:02 am)
    Reply | Edit Raven lawsuit dismissed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I heard on the radio this morning that the lawsuit against the maker of Raven handguns has been dismissed. But I can't find it on any news websites. Did anyone else hear of this? Or can you point me to a link with the story?
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/28/03 8:38:06 am)
    Reply Re: Raven lawsuit dismissed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ask, and ye shall receive:

www.gopbi.com/partners/pb...a006a.html

Now, how's that for quick service?

Edited by: Xracer at: 1/28/03 8:42:11 am

Yabra Kadabra Doo
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/03 9:36:00 am)
    At last, a judge in Floriduh with some sense.
    My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/28/03 11:25:22 am)
    Whats a Raven?

Some of that Spanish pot metal?

GG

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/03 12:34:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: Raven lawsuit dismissed
    The Raven was a .25 caliber handgun made by Valor Corp. (the company in the lawsuit). It is one of the so-called "Saturday night specials"... very cheaply made.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/28/03 7:22:53 pm)
    Re: Raven lawsuit dismissed
    Raven's are the Saturday Night Special of today, kind of like the Rhom's were of the late 50's and 60's.

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/03 10:29:47 pm)
    Valor was just the distributor of the gun, The gun was produced by a family conglomerate in PRC(Ka). They produced the Raven, Jennings, Davis and then had somethiong to do with the Sedco, the last issue of the Raven. I think some of the Davis guns are still being produced..
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/29/03 7:58:15 am)
    Hmm, I did not know that. I thought the suit against Valor Corp. was over the design of the gun (i.e. not having the proper safety features and blah blah blah). How could they sue Valor Corp. if they did not manufacture it?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/29/03 8:27:00 am)
    Raven went "toes up" a while ago. The company was liquidated and had no assets, so they sued Valor, who sold the gun.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/29/03 9:30:56 am)
    Typical. If you can't sue the guy who you really want to sue, then keep looking until you find someone you CAN sue.

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/29/03 2:02:31 pm)
    That is the Hand Grenade theory of today's litigious society. Throw out a lawsuit and serve everyone you can remotely connect as defendants and see what you hit..
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.