The Firearms Forum banner

RCBS Standup...

208 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  joe45c
Somehow through my own dumbness,I broke the decap rod on both 5.56 and .308,told them dies had a lot of brass through them and were 10-20yrs old....Called Tues...del today,free...that's service
Reactions: 5
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
They have Great service. I haven't had to call them many times but when i did they replaced anything i asked for no questions asked. I think the main reason i haven't had to call them very often is because they make quality stuff. Most of my stuff i bought back in 1986 and it's still going strong.
Reactions: 3
Somehow through my own dumbness,I broke the decap rod on both 5.56 and .308,told them dies had a lot of brass through them and were 10-20yrs old....Called Tues...del today,free...that's service
That's been my experience the one time I used their warranty. That little black, plastic piece had to be 30-35 years old and primed 50,000 rounds.
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I also want to add my kudos to rcbs. I had a carbon dye where the carbon insert separated from the dye. Gave them a call and they sent me a new one right away. In addition, we had a discussion about another part and they shipped that free of charge. I have a lot of Lyman hunting dies. All my pistol and competitive shooting guys or RCBS. I think they're a great company.
Reactions: 1
Another good experience with RCBS, a year or two back I had called them with some questions on the Uniflow powder thrower I had just purchased. They were hard to come by during covid, but I did find one with the small cylinder, but it had no large cylinder for rifle reloading. I was prepared to buy the large cylinder along with the metering adjustment control. The customer service lady insisted on sending me the large cylinder free of charge. Great company to do business with.
  • Wow
Another good experience with RCBS, a year or two back I had called them with some questions on the Uniflow powder thrower I had just purchased. They were hard to come by during covid, but I did find one with the small cylinder, but it had no large cylinder for rifle reloading. I was prepared to buy the large cylinder along with the metering adjustment control. The customer service lady insisted on sending me the large cylinder free of charge. Great company to do business with.
Mine is the opposite. I have a large cylinder for rifle reloading. Never thought to call them and get the small cylinder. Don't even know what i'd use it for since all i load for are rifles.
They work good for the 32-20 and 25-20 loads, Joe. They're big enough I'm certain they' will do 30-30 class cases as well.
A long time ago in a country not too far away I bought one of the very first RCBS Piggyback progressive reloading presses that mounted on the single stage Rock Chucker. I hadn't used it much before a bad primer drop and a forceful working of the handle caused the primer in the shell holder to go off immediately followed by a sympathetic detonation of all the primers in the primer tube. Fortunately it was near the end of a run and the tube only had 5 or 6 primers left in it. The explosion was still impressive though with the tube bursting open and the primer follower getting stuck in the ceiling. There was some small shrapnel in my right hand and burn marks. I can only imagine what would have happened if there were 99 primers left in the tube! I called RCBS figuring they'd like to hear about this issue and talked to their receptionist who said she would pass this on up the chain of command. It wasn't but a quarter of an hour when I received a call from the man himself, Fred T. Huntington! He was very concerned and we went over in minute detail everything that transpired leading up to the detonation. After we finished talking about the press he asked me if I liked to hunt which then led to an hour's long conversation as we shared our hunting experiences. He loved to hunt in British Columbia, especially for Mountain sheep since B.C. had 4 of the 5 species of sheep to hunt: California Bighorn, Rocky Mountain Bighorn, Dall, and Stone......all but Desert Bighorn. Fred then quietly told me that he had just recently completed his second Grand Slam on sheep. I am so unworthy.
Anyway, Fred got his technicians to design a shield to block the blast from a primer going off in the shell holder hitting the primer tube. RCBS sent me the new redesigned shield and everything else that was damaged as well as a bunch of RCBS swag but the real benefit of the incident was the long, delightful conversation between two hunting enthusiasts.
See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 3
I bought an old set of 222 Rem. dies at a gun show. The decapping threaded rod was bent. The dies must have been over 50 years old, as the box they were in looked older than the boxes that my RCBS dies from the 80's came in. They sent me a new decapping rod, pin and expander, no charge.
They work good for the 32-20 and 25-20 loads, Joe. They're big enough I'm certain they' will do 30-30 class cases as well.
Been using the large cylinder rifle one for the .32-20, .25-20, .38-40 and .45colt loadings. Probably don't need the small cylinder one.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts