The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been calling RCBS Tech Support for the last three weeks, and I get a voice message stating their hours of operation are from 7:00 AM-1:00 PM, Pacific Time. Then the voice message tells me their closed. I ordered some replacement parts for one of my RCBS presses online, and have not received a return email confirmation.

What in the world is going on in California ? Has Newsom shut down everything ?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I got hold of them a couple weeks ago to make sure I was ordering the right micro adjustment for my small powder cylider in my Uniflow and they not only answered my but offered to send me a Large cylinder for free, I gladly acceped, saved me $50. As usual their customer service was outstanding. Maybe their libitard governor shut them down again. I ordered the Micro screw and a powwder baffle and all arrived without issue.

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
We were going to CA to visit family for Christmas and decided to stay. The nimrod in charge has locked down everything but the most essential of businesses. Family gatherings of any size are forboden and bla bla bla. My guess is that they have been shut down till after the new year.

·
Super Moderator
40,180 Posts
We were going to CA to visit family for Christmas and decided to stay. The nimrod in charge has locked down everything but the most essential of businesses. Family gatherings of any size are forboden and bla bla bla. My guess is that they have been shut down till after the new year.
I thought it took you years to get out of there, now I am reading that you are going to visit family and stay!!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Covid lockdown, and the last fire that went through the area. I'm sure some of the employees lost their houses, and the area is still in chaos after the Paradise fire.

·
GUNZILLA
6,496 Posts
Things got pretty gnarly here in San Antonio over the 4 day weekend of Thanksgiving day. San Antonio was under martial law, they like to refer to it as a curfew. You were not allowed to have gatherings in your residence and businesses were shut down from 10 PM till 5 A.M. Not that I am prowling the streets at 10 PM anymore or have large gatherings. A crowd of displeased people started a parade honking their vehicles as they drove by the mayor's and county judge's
homes. No citations were given or arrests made. My father used to say if you have not gotten lucky by 9PM you ain't getting nothing at one in the morning either.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Things got pretty gnarly here in San Antonio over the 4 day weekend of Thanksgiving day. San Antonio was under martial law, they like to refer to it as a curfew. You were not allowed to have gatherings in your residence and businesses were shut down from 10 PM till 5 A.M. Not that I am prowling the streets at 10 PM anymore or have large gatherings. A crowd of displeased people started a parade honking their vehicles as they drove by the mayor's and county judge's
homes. No citations were given or arrests made. My father used to say if you have not gotten lucky by 9PM you ain't getting nothing at one in the morning either.
Dictator Nuisance implemented that here too. Several County Sheriffs told him they were not going to enforce it. Except a mask to go into a business, I pretty much ignore his decrees, if I have to go somewhere, it's "Essential" to me.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called three weeks ago with that voice message saying they were closed, then sent an email. Forgot to call last week. Have been calling every day since this last Monday with the same voice message saying their are closed, but emails would be answered, but I still have not had a confirmation from the email from three weeks ago.

I have a RCBS Partner press I use just for bullet seating, and have put 2,250 or so cycles on it in the last two weeks, and I need to disassemble it to clean and re-lubricate it. The problem is that the linkage pins are held in place with a type of spring steel cone shaped retainers that get destroyed when removed, so I need four new ones. RCBS has in the past sent me replacements, but after 5,000-6,000 cycles the press needs to disassemble to clean it. I do keep it lubricated, but some how it gets a gray colored contamination on the shaft, which is odd considering that I have only used to seat bullets. Never have unseated primers on it. The shaft at full upward extension only has .002” side play, and I do what ever I can to reduce its ware, so that is why I like to disassemble it to clean it. My other RCBS press all the linkage pins are held in place with E clips which are easy to remove and reinstall for disassembly to clean. I have another 2,000 cycles next week to do on my little Partner press.

As for RCBS when it comes to replacement parts, they have always treated me right, and were very prompt when sending parts. I lost count of how replacement decapping pins they sent for free. Sent me a ball handle to replace the straight shaft handle on my Reloader Special 2, again for free, and in the last two years sent me the new style decapping rod assembly with the also new style elliptical expander to replace them on eight sets of dies, again for free. I had a RCBS digital grain scale that died and again I was sent a 505 balance beam scale as a replacement because I had bought a Ohaus enclosed digital scale and accepted the 505 just as a non electric back up. A good friend wore out his RCBS, Big Max press which RCBS did have a replacement do to being discontinued, but sent an Ammomaster. All he had to was send back the Big Max, but RCBS prepaid the return and paid the send shipping. I am a dyed in the wool RCBS devotee, but I do prefer Redding powder chargers with my BR-30, and LR-1000. Don’t tell RCBS that.

·
GUNZILLA
6,496 Posts
Sounds like it's time for RCBS to move to Texas like all the other business are doing in cal.
We've got to many Californians down here now. If the trend continues we will soon become a blue state like the capital is now.

Reactions: joe45c
1 - 15 of 15 Posts