The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is the decision to take this case only up to Chief Justice Roberts? Does he have the power to stifle it now that it is being looked at?

·
Super Moderator
26,910 Posts
Is the decision to take this case only up to Chief Justice Roberts? Does he have the power to stifle it now that it is being looked at?
It's a law suit of one state suing another. I t has to go to the SCOTUS, and they have to hear it.

·
Administrator
11,940 Posts
Chief, I'm surprised at the Presidential election posts you are making since you have declared yourself a non-voter. Arizona went blue this election, but how would it have turned out if all the non-voters, like yourself, had got out and voted.
Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
It's a law suit of one state suing another. I t has to go to the SCOTUS, and they have to hear it.
It does go to SCOTUS, but they can choose not to hear it. That is why Texas asked SCOTUS for permission to be heard. And even if they hear the case, they can quickly dismiss it.

Nothing is settled, nothing is guaranteed with SCOTUS.

I am hopeful, but not very that this will even be heard.

Time will tell and perhaps even today we will know where it is headed.

All in God's will.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,672 Posts
I think it’s probably over, Biden will be president, and William Barr should be hung for covering up the Hunter Biden scandal.

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chief, I'm surprised at the Presidential election posts you are making since you have declared yourself a non-voter. Arizona went blue this election, but how would it have turned out if all the non-voters, like yourself, had got out and voted.
Just my 2 cents worth.
You are indeed correct with your supposition ...I care not for politics, but my selection of this
was to share with the folks that maybe interested with news..Hey, just consider me the
Paper-Boy, shouting his wares on the corner and he can't even read yet himself. Chief

·
Registered
385 Posts
The abdication of the SCOTUS to hear this suit by Texas and the 17 States that signed on to this suit in agreement, as to the Constitutional Veracity of this Election, will go down in the annals of History as a decision of Cowardice of the 1st Order.

The SCOTUS was formed to make these difficult decisions, in case of a Constitutional Crisis.
Well, we find ourselves in a Constitutional Crisis, and they have seen fit to deflect from the difficult decision that demands/needs to be made. They have abdicated their responsibilities. They should just take off their robes, and go home.

IMHO.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Good thing we didn't have the likes of the current SCOTUS, Senate or Congress during the American Revolution. Had they been around then, we would still be subjects of the Crown. Adams, Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and the others would have been hanged. The way history has played out, we would more likely speaking Japanese or German today.

Chief Justice Roberts is a mealy-mouth coward. Schumer, Pelosi and AOC are plain Traitors. Biden is a fool. Corporate heads, the News Media and 90% of elected officials are scum. They are ALL bottom feeders. America is 'alive' but not well.

Admiral Yamamoto of the Imperial Japanese Navy said in 1942 - "The main reason why we don't invade Continental United States is that there is an armed American behind every blade of grass". For the time being, this still holds true. Dopey has other plans...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I will reserve my opinion on those that have not and do not Vote to myself. The right and responsibilityto Vote is the most fundamental right and obligation of an American Citizen. IMHO. (Especially those that hold the 2nd amendment dear.)

What makes any of you (That did not Vote) think you now have a voice in the matter, in any shape form or fashion?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts